Apparently Sundar not among top 6 batsman in current form for Indian team

10 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Ahead of whom? 

There's no space, don't say Rahane coz if kohli drops rahane the first thread you will see on this forum is how kohli is deliberately throwing out rahane who just won a series as captain 

The thing is, Rahane as a batsmen has been bang average under Kohlis captaincy off late. Hence, if Kohli is going to continue as captain, we’ll have to find a replacement for Rahane

1 hour ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

For that to happen, the joker leading us should know how to get the best out of him. A guy who could play as the lone spinner for us in Aus, cannot become a bad bowler overnight. But since when has this joker cared for facts. His whims are more important

Going by how less he was bowled in the 2nd innings of the first test, you could tell Sundar was going to be dropped. But his bowling was disappointing given how well he did in Australia. 

1 hour ago, Adamant said:

secondly no one knew who will get to bat first.

Also Kuldeep is a way better bowler than Washi. 

No.7 is a spot for a batting all-rounder. 

The 5th bowler is meant to be a weaker bowler, who is there to give rest to the main bowlers.

The batting ability is more important for this spot. Axar is a bowling all-rounder who is forced to be a batting allrounder here.

Scores 85* in previous test and match winning 50 before that.

Result - dropped from the side.

Luxuries.

He is a bits and pieces player as of now so it is right decision to drop him.

Guys like him and Pandya they should played sparingly in test matches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5 hours ago, express bowling said:

The 5th bowler is meant to be a weaker bowler, who is there to give rest to the main bowlers.

Not in India, you need 3 proper spinners or both Ashwin/Jadeja playing & firing. If you want an "A/R" just pick up HP & get the 3 best spinners you have.

This notion that 5th bowler is there only to give rest to main bowlers is ridiculous. If that is the case he should be full fledged batsman who should be able to bat like proper batsman.

No we don’t need to infest this team with bits and pieces players.

If batsmen are not doing their job get batsmen who can do their job but no need to justify bits and pieces players.

5 minutes ago, putrevus said:

This notion that 5th bowler is there only to give rest to main bowlers is ridiculous. If that is the case he should be full fledged batsman who should be able to bat like proper batsman.

No we don’t need to infest this team with bits and pieces players.

If batsmen are not doing their job get batsmen who can do their job but no need to justify bits and pieces players.

Sundar is a proper batsman. He is an opener in fact and can even bat at 6.

18 minutes ago, putrevus said:

He is a bits and pieces player as of now so it is right decision to drop him.

Guys like him and Pandya they should played sparingly in test matches.

He is doing as good or better than proper batsman. So how is he a bits and pieces player. Just because he can bowl doesn't make him a bits and pieces.

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Let him show that in his FC for at least one season. Till then he is just bits and pieces player. Yes he did well with bat but bowling is not at all upto the mark.

He doesn't need to show anything in FC if he is scoring in test matches. Test matches are much superior, btw. A batting alrounder he is and should be looked at that way.

18 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Let him show that in his FC for at least one season. Till then he is just bits and pieces player. Yes he did well with bat but bowling is not at all upto the mark.

Thats rubbish. 

He showed against the best team in alien condition that he is a proper bat. Why do you want him to show in FC? Are you crazy? 

Having said that, I agree about the team selection. With Axar coming in for Nadeem, it is the choice between Kuldeep and Sundar, I'd go with Kuldeep. Axa and Kuldeep together can give the batting of Sundar, and they are better bowlers. If any batsman missed out due to injury, Sundar should be the first replacement. 

13 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

He doesn't need to show anything in FC if he is scoring in test matches. Test matches are much superior, btw. A batting alrounder he is and should be looked at that way.

What has he shown in test cricket? He can score two fities. Shardul Thakur had better allround performance than him and was very instrumental in Indian series win. Why was he not playing in first test and this test. Batting allrounder have to command his place in the team as a batsman first. Sundar is not better than any of the top five or Pant. That is the reason why he is out of the team and he should be out of the team till he become one of the top five.

You were talking about he better than some of the batsmen. Who are those batsmen?

If we keep adding people like him and Pandya where will it end.

19 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Two back to back clutch innings against. Australia in Australia in series decider not good enough? He bowled well in that match too, getting Smith out and out bowling Lyon. True, he bowled poorly in the first game and his non selection for this one is justifiable, but that doesn't make him a bits and pieces cricketer! 

1 minute ago, urbestfriend said:

Thats rubbish. 

He showed against the best team in alien condition that he is a proper bat. Why do you want him to show in FC? Are you crazy? 

Having said that, I agree about the team selection. With Axar coming in for Nadeem, it is the choice between Kuldeep and Sundar, I'd go with Kuldeep. Axa and Kuldeep together can give the batting of Sundar, and they are better bowlers. If any batsman missed out due to injury, Sundar should be the first replacement. 

What did he show? He can  handle the bat , so did Thakur and did more with ball also there..If Thakur had played  who knows, we would have won the first test with Thakur's allrounder greatness ?