Motera Stadium rivals the best of Western cricket stadiums

1 hour ago, Bigg Brother said:

Will go for t20s, Didnt get a company for Pink Ball test although had booked tickets. Looking forward to see a stadium although I had visited it during Namaste Trump last yr. The Old Satdium was very bad.

I remember the 2011 QF vs Australia. Paid 15k for a ticket in a sdilapidated stand!

5 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

How is the public transport link or even general accessibility.

For eg both lords and oval in London are heavily linked to the train and tube (metro) network.

They are building a metro which will have a station about half a KM away the stadium. But it's unlikely to be ready and function anytime soon.

As the stadium is very close to the city centre (Sabarmati River front), there is easy accessibility through the city transport service. Plus GCA plans to run special buses for the matches from specific routes.

Thats brilliant then!!!

I think one issue i have noted with stadiums like Nagpur is that though they are good stadiums the accessibility is an issue.

I do hope they have looked at crowd management issues. Roughly 110k people dispersing or arising at the same time can be issue. If they have thought about it then we really do have a world class stadium!!!

10 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

World class in every sense.  I've folks who get GCA passes. The facilities are super posh - much better than Brabourne Stadium (CCI) and Wankhede. Until now I thought these 2 were India's best in terms of facilities.

Pune Stadium is the most posh out of them all, even than the new Ahmedabad Stadium. Crazy how people underrate it because the construction of the 3 upper tiers was left incomplete. 

20 minutes ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

Pune Stadium is the most posh out of them all, even than the new Ahmedabad Stadium. Crazy how people underrate it because the construction of the 3 upper tiers was left incomplete. 

Which means no shade for people! Would have been justified if Pune never had temperatures exceeding 30 degrees.

Plus how far out of the city the stadium is and how difficult it is to find parking.

Facility wise it's a top class stadium.