Pujara's dedication to tests and team Ind

zen

People question Rahane's spot despite him being highest run scorer in WTC for India & Pujara gets away with it so easily. 

If he fails he next couple of games should be dropped as simple as that for Vihari or Rahul.  They will at least score more than Double digits or heck even lefty Sundar

Edited by Lone Wolf
3 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

People question Rahane's spot despite him being highest run scorer in WTC for India & Pujara gets away with it so easily. 

If he fails he next couple of games should be dropped as simple as that for Vihari or Rahul.  They will at least score more than Double digits or heck even lefty Sundar

We should take a call on both after this round of away tours

Sundar is very tempting pick

1 minute ago, Lord said:

We should take a call on both after this round of away tours

Sundar is very tempting pick

I won't jump the gun on Rahane.  He is clearly better than Vihari or Rahul  & not many earth shattering batting talent out there in domestics. 

Rahane shouldn't be touched at least till Eng & SA tour are over.  He will play useful cameos & occasional big knocks. 

Pujara will get replaced with poor reflexes & shoddy stroke making. 

Usually, you need to bowl a good ball to get Pujara out :dance:  … Boult’s was the best wkt taking ball of the match so far to get through the great Pujara, who would have scored another 100 (scored 132* at the same venue last time with the  most of the batsmen not doing well) … Full marks to Boult  

Edited by zen

If Pujara's rut continues I want a radical change, Sundar at #3. Even if he doesn't reach the heights of other top #3s, a tall LHB cum part-time spin bowler adds so much versatility to our side. Enough chances given to KLR, Mayank, Vihari etc....similarly give a long run to Washi. Somehow I feel his career will follow the Steve Smith trajectory...spinner to batsman at least in tests. Obviously Smith is in GOAT contention, Sundar can average in the 40s and still be an asset. 

2 hours ago, zen said:

Usually, you need to bowl a good ball to get Pujara out :dance:  … Boult’s was the best wkt taking ball of the match so far to get through the great Pujara, who would have scored another 100 (scored 132* at the same venue last time with the  most of the batsmen not doing well) … Full marks to Boult  

His batting allows bowlers to bowl good balls. 

Rohit and Gill were walking down the track and playing positively thus not allowing bowler to bowl in a channel.

56 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

His batting allows bowlers to bowl good balls. 

Rohit and Gill were walking down the track and playing positively thus not allowing bowler to bowl in a channel.

In general he usually gets out to good balls from what I have seen and there can be various reasons for that (including a few below) ... other batsmen including relatively inexperienced test players like Rohit and Gill can play in their way but they get out to poor as well as good balls (Pujara looks to play sessions)... Bowlers like Cummins rate Pujara as the toughest batsman to bowl to (even Shami has said that and explains it nicely in the video below) so they probably also put in an extra effort knowing he is not going to give an inch :dance:

Teams know what is in store if the do not get Pujara: 

Edited by zen

Interesting comment on Guardian site:

"Pujara, an absolutely bang average player whose job is just to block deliveries. Something a night watchman does. He's only useful when the pitch is placid and keeping low with little movement. Outside of the Australia 2018 series(and he failed at Perth when condition was lively), he's been an abysmal batsman. Even failed against spin earlier this year.

How tf is your No 3 coming in at 22nd over and sucking all the momentum out of the inning? Openers see out the morning, your No 3 is supposed to carry on the flow, not just keep blocking, when it's a dukes ball which swings all the way through given the condition, I can't count how many times he's completely ruined innings playing 'his way'.

If he is a rock-solid batsman who compensates the slow start, I'll give him a pass, but no, he never looks solid when the ball moves. It's always a 70 ball 10 inning. Gets bowled or lbs too many times. Seriously flawed batsman who's been excused because of his image."

:pop2:

8 hours ago, zen said:

In general he usually gets out to good balls from what I have seen and there can be various reasons for that (including a few below) ... other batsmen including relatively inexperienced test players like Rohit and Gill can play in their way but they get out to poor as well as good balls (Pujara looks to play sessions)... Bowlers like Cummins rate Pujara as the toughest batsman to bowl to (even Shami has said that and explains it nicely in the video below) so they probably also put in an extra effort knowing he is not going to give an inch :dance:

Teams know what is in store if the do not get Pujara: 

He is done. Finished. 

3 hours ago, The Realist said:

"Pujara, an absolutely bang average player whose job is just to block deliveries. Something a night watchman does. He's only useful when the pitch is placid and keeping low with little movement. Outside of the Australia 2018 series(and he failed at Perth when condition was lively), he's been an abysmal batsman. Even failed against spin earlier this year.

How tf is your No 3 coming in at 22nd over and sucking all the momentum out of the inning? Openers see out the morning, your No 3 is supposed to carry on the flow, not just keep blocking, when it's a dukes ball which swings all the way through given the condition, I can't count how many times he's completely ruined innings playing 'his way'.

If he is a rock-solid batsman who compensates the slow start, I'll give him a pass, but no, he never looks solid when the ball moves. It's always a 70 ball 10 inning. Gets bowled or lbs too many times. Seriously flawed batsman who's been excused because of his image."

lol that's exactly what I think:pepsi:

Sad to say this but Pujara is done for. He adds no value to the team in Indian conditions as his game against spin has deteriorated drastically and he's a liability in seam/swinging conditions with his '7(52)'s (most of the times). 

It's time to thank him for his contribution in the two great Aussie wins and give him a farewell at Rajkot against SL or something. 

Had a good chance to perform in the most crucial match for Team India in history of test cricket. Disappointed that he could contribute only 8 runs whereas someone like Sharma who is more of an ODI player outscored Pujara as well as inexperienced Gill outscored Pujara. If key players who have tests as their preferred format cannot execute the ability to score runs in such a crucial match then it surely is a concern. Will be interesting to see if he manages to score in second innings.

Edited by Straight Drive
On 6/19/2021 at 6:08 PM, The Realist said:

Did the same thing again in thr second inninings, how can the TM not realise this. He is responsible for the wickets on the other end too,

1 minute ago, RedFever said:

Did the same thing again in thr second inninings, how can the TM not realise this. He is responsible for the wickets on the other end too,

Plz dont insult our greatest no 3 batsmen ever.   Or else many more threads related to his 'dedication' will pop up in no time.