3rd Test - India vs England, Pink Test - D/N - *WTC Knockout Encounter*

SK_IH

55 minutes ago, addicted4444 said:

I don’t know if a lot of people on this forum are just too young, but people complaining about the pitch are not complaining about the fact that it was a turner. 

India used to be an extremely difficult place to play in the 90s and 2000s thanks to the turning pitches but matches didn’t end in 2 days. 

That’s what people are hoping for. Turning pitches thst give our team an edge at hone are great. But it’s possible, as India did in the 90s and 2000s, to create such favorable pitches that do not lead to matches being over in 2-3 days. 

See this match would not have have finished in two days if India batted reasonably well. But you have take that pink ball into equation too, nobody played with pink on these wickets before.If this was red ball I am sure the match would have lasted 3 plus days.

31 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Pitch was primary reason for match getting over in 2 days.

Additional factors that contributed:

1. Pink ball

2. England having only 1 world class batsman - Joe Root. Indian batsmen failed in 1 inning.

3. Quality of Indian spinners is at it's peak.

Axar is making his debut in this series.Pitches certainly are the reason why he has been so effective.

4 minutes ago, putrevus said:

See this match would not have have finished in two days if India batted reasonably well. But you have take that pink ball into equation too, nobody played with pink on these wickets before.If this was red ball I am sure the match would have lasted 3 plus days.

Also India effectively batted 1 full inning only.

22 hours ago, Gollum said:

Hope Eng retaliates by preparing some greentops when we visit. Low scoring encounters could play to this team's strengths. 

Green tops will benefit our bowlers also who are collectively the best bowling unit in the world.

Only thing is our batsman will suck worse then theirs on those pitches.

It will be a reverse of what’s happening here. 

15 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Also India effectively batted 1 full inning only.

Indian batting is not great either by any means.Root's pace to lefties was like what Axar's bowling to righties is on this wicket and he was bowling mostly to lower order batsman.Those things all added up. This pitch was made to order by TM, there are no doubts on that but did they have any other options. If they have given wicket like Kolkatta, do you think India would have won and would it have been okay if they lost match after giving sporting wicket.

1 hour ago, addicted4444 said:

That’s what people are hoping for. Turning pitches thst give our team an edge at hone are great. But it’s possible, as India did in the 90s and 2000s, to create such favorable pitches that do not lead to matches being over in 2-3 days. 

Teams should employ better batting techniques then.  If batsmen used proper defensive style then match would still be going.

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Green tops will benefit our bowlers also who are collectively the best bowling unit in the world.

Only thing is our batsman will suck worse then theirs on those pitches.

It will be a reverse of what’s happening here.

I think this team will surprise us in a good way this time. 2020-21 Aus victory will be regarded as a turning point in Indian cricket history when it comes to our overseas performance. On SENA wickets we will do much better in 4th innings with addition of Gill, Pant. Just hope team selection is spot on (eg by now TM must realize Shami and Umesh won't click in English conditions), must play Jaddu-Ash both in Eng (imagine before 2020 MCG both had played together only twice outside Asia and once in SENA!!!) not just for batting depth but because together they are stronger than sum of parts, meaning scary good. So excited for that series. 

Edited by Gollum
1 hour ago, Gollum said:

I think this team will surprise us in a good way this time. 2020-21 Aus victory will be regarded as a turning point in Indian cricket history when it comes to our overseas performance. On SENA wickets we will do much better in 4th innings with addition of Gill, Pant. Just hope team selection is spot on (eg by now TM must realize Shami and Umesh won't click in English conditions), must play Jaddu-Ash both in Eng (imagine before 2020 MCG both had played together only twice outside Asia and once in SENA!!!) not just for batting depth but because together they are stronger than sum of parts, meaning scary good. So excited for that series. 

Agree but Shami and Umesh must be in the squad. They may be useful at the Oval. Its the highest scoring ground in UK and has good pace almost australian like. If they make Lords less grassy which I don't think they will do it this time to spite us, then that will also be suitable for reverse swing. London is the place where Pakistan has most of their success. So may be use these bowlers there and others in other grounds.

12 hours ago, New guy said:

This was the shortest match since world War 2 and instead of praising the players entire world is talking about the pitch. 

Not kohli though, he seemed to emphasize how badly the players played. Almost a little too much. And everyone repeating tht pitch was okay because 21 of those wickets fell to straight balls or something. 

We can just conclude that they took an almost suicidal gamble and it paid off. England batting 1 more session would have ensured they are winning IMO. 

This is one of the Tests which I hardly watched , i mean TV was runing but i was busy doing my official work not because I was forced to do but bcos i hardly had any Interest.

oooh..Root bowling ahead of Anderson, broad and JOFFRA Archer.

i remember a story, I was in 9th Class and i led a Team of players who studied in class 7th upto 9th.

we decided a Match with one of my School colleagues who was in 9th too. We had a strict Agreement that no one elder , senior to us will be playing in the match. 

it was a 20 over CORK ball Match ( a Ball similar to Leather ball but cheaper. it is harder than a rubber ball and kind of similiar to a leather ball, i played with that ball a lot.)

I collected 11 players from our Mohalla and the team even had a boy from class 6th ( my youngest bro).

we too our bicycles and reached that ground.  when I lost the toss , we were asked to BAT.

To my SHOCK, i found 3 players who were in CLASS 12th playing against us. we revolted as we were playing for money ( 100 INR BET).

But they did not agree and it was a situation that either we return back or we play against a team which had 3 class 12th Boys.

we played, we scored 50 and were all out by 10th over as only those 3 , senior players got us , i was not out till the last struggling but my team mates got out after facing 3 balls , 4 balls and like that.

we lost the match and i kind of got into a FIST FIGHT with the other class 9th fellow who cheated us, we did not give 100 INR.

But for next 1 year that LOSS hit my head and Heart.

exactly like that match, this test was. Proper Batsman were getting out after facing 10 balls. not just english but even Our batsman could not play Joe root and english left arm Spinner.

we were lucky that ROHIT had some genuine experience hot to bat on such grounds else we could have also Lost this Test Match. 

if we consider that Rohit had scored a 0 , no one else scored.

this is not acceptable, we should have won after giving a wicket which had a little to do for Pacers too. This was possibly a track which was ULTRA TURNING and may be Shaz would have hinted to get such a track created...Not in the Spirit of cricket.

14 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Agree but Shami and Umesh must be in the squad. They may be useful at the Oval. Its the highest scoring ground in UK and has good pace almost australian like. If they make Lords less grassy which I don't think they will do it this time to spite us, then that will also be suitable for reverse swing. London is the place where Pakistan has most of their success. So may be use these bowlers there and others in other grounds.

Use likes of Siraj as third pacer in Trent bridge Lords & after a long time we got a Test in Leeds finally.  But I expect Siraj to sit out of 1st XI for Shami unless he does great in Practice games. 

Shami tries to hit the deck & his length is unsuitable for England conditions which is short of good length..  Too many plays & misses happen off him.

Siraj likes to bowl & floats the ball sometimes with good seam position that makes his fuller length bowling even more effective. 

On 2/26/2021 at 11:50 AM, Bundaberg said:

India v England | 3rd Test, Day 2 | HAHAHAHAHAHA

These guys are hillarious..I kind of enjoy listening to them...Test match comparison to Tiktok and they are crediting India for this revival...Brilliant perspective!

On 2/27/2021 at 12:25 PM, vishalvirsingh said:

This is one of the Tests which I hardly watched , i mean TV was runing but i was busy doing my official work not because I was forced to do but bcos i hardly had any Interest.

oooh..Root bowling ahead of Anderson, broad and JOFFRA Archer.

i remember a story, I was in 9th Class and i led a Team of players who studied in class 7th upto 9th.

we decided a Match with one of my School colleagues who was in 9th too. We had a strict Agreement that no one elder , senior to us will be playing in the match. 

it was a 20 over CORK ball Match ( a Ball similar to Leather ball but cheaper. it is harder than a rubber ball and kind of similiar to a leather ball, i played with that ball a lot.)

I collected 11 players from our Mohalla and the team even had a boy from class 6th ( my youngest bro).

we too our bicycles and reached that ground.  when I lost the toss , we were asked to BAT.

To my SHOCK, i found 3 players who were in CLASS 12th playing against us. we revolted as we were playing for money ( 100 INR BET).

But they did not agree and it was a situation that either we return back or we play against a team which had 3 class 12th Boys.

we played, we scored 50 and were all out by 10th over as only those 3 , senior players got us , i was not out till the last struggling but my team mates got out after facing 3 balls , 4 balls and like that.

we lost the match and i kind of got into a FIST FIGHT with the other class 9th fellow who cheated us, we did not give 100 INR.

But for next 1 year that LOSS hit my head and Heart.

exactly like that match, this test was. Proper Batsman were getting out after facing 10 balls. not just english but even Our batsman could not play Joe root and english left arm Spinner.

we were lucky that ROHIT had some genuine experience hot to bat on such grounds else we could have also Lost this Test Match. 

if we consider that Rohit had scored a 0 , no one else scored.

this is not acceptable, we should have won after giving a wicket which had a little to do for Pacers too. This was possibly a track which was ULTRA TURNING and may be Shaz would have hinted to get such a track created...Not in the Spirit of cricket.

Wow! You came up with your childhood story to talk about a test match!! Interesting. But beware of me! I also may sneak in one of my lengthy boring childhood story when I got a chance to face Vinod Kambli in nets at Chepauk stadium!!back in early 90s. 

17 hours ago, Donivlapog said:

Wow! You came up with your childhood story to talk about a test match!! Interesting. But beware of me! I also may sneak in one of my lengthy boring childhood story when I got a chance to face Vinod Kambli in nets at Chepauk stadium!!back in early 90s. 

Sure dear.. would love to read.

I wanted to say I felt cheated.

Same is what English players would be feeling.

We never realised that we were defeated as we played big boys.

India should look to beat them and not cheat trick them to loose.

8 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

Don't know if you will believe this but I once scored a 1000 runs in a tennis ball match, all uncles and their kids went mad trying to dismiss me :hysterical:

1000 runs even in tennis ball matches is quite amazing. 

I remember when I played grade cricket. I watched mark Cosgrove bat. He scored 400 in one day.