No point blaming the batsman, its just a terrible terrible terrible pitch

Maybe its not the pitch but the pink ball. As Root mentioned, the pink ball has the extra lacquer that allows it to zip through the surface. it could also explain the 36 ao. The pink ball may accentuate any spin, seam advantages. If you recall, the last test was played under similar pitch conditions. The only change here is the pink ball

54 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

Let’s all blame the pitch and gift the match to our Lords. We all deserve to be slaves for another 10000 years. FFS.......stop blaming the pitch. We have won. We all digest losses and can’t seem to digest this victory.... :wall:

No one is talking about not digesting the victory but do you really want these kinds of pitches being prepared in all Test matches where the match is over in less than 2 days? Who in their right minds enjoys matches like these? Give me a Gabba or Sydney over this shitshow anyday

6 minutes ago, dilliboy said:

No one is talking about not digesting the victory but do you really want these kinds of pitches being prepared in all Test matches where the match is over in less than 2 days? Who in their right minds enjoys matches like these? Give me a Gabba or Sydney over this shitshow anyday

No. These kind of pitches only for England would be perfect. Everyone else will get normal fair pitches. 

1 hour ago, nitinbwj said:

Let’s all blame the pitch and gift the match to our Lords. We all deserve to be slaves for another 10000 years. FFS.......stop blaming the pitch. We have won. We all digest losses and can’t seem to digest this victory.... :wall:

Bro I don't mind us preparing spin Turner's specifically for England lmao. Everyone else will get fair pitches with bit of help for spin. But for England we should always prepare Turners. Just to infuriate them. The comedy and aftermath is just hialrious. 

4 minutes ago, dilliboy said:

We enjoyed Gabba and Sydney because it was an incredible victory. Did you complain after Adelaide ? Did it last 4 days or 3. It was also the pink ball test. I will savour any victory. I don’t cry on and on. May be the curator will have a flat road next match and Eng can make Merry. Everyone will be happy !!!!

Geez !!!! Relax and enjoy !

26 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

We enjoyed Gabba and Sydney because it was an incredible victory. Did you complain after Adelaide ? Did it last 4 days or 3. It was also the pink ball test. I will savour any victory. I don’t cry on and on. May be the curator will have a flat road next match and Eng can make Merry. Everyone will be happy !!!!

Geez !!!! Relax and enjoy !

Might as well have a bowl out and get done with it in less than half an hour. The chances of us winning such a bowl out will perhaps be the same or better than winning on these pitches. Why waste even a day and half. We get to enjoy the win and save so much time and resources.

On 2/25/2021 at 11:13 PM, dilliboy said:

bit of a moot point because such games/pitches are statistical outliers. in a way if i'm in the england dressing room my pep talk for the last test is already done, Indians don't believe they can beat us on proper pitches hence the need to roll out such snake pits where even they struggle big time.

generally the reason pink ball tests are more biased towards the ball is because of the nature of the pink ball itself. it can only be sustained with some grass on the pitch and with a particular kind of outfield without giving us 500/3 sort of scores.

On 2/25/2021 at 5:43 PM, dilliboy said:

Yes. Poor batting. Absolutely poor batting. Same stadia, similar pitch, only difference will be red ball and daytime and bats will score next game

Edited by mishra