India's ODI template VINDICATED!?

sage

10 overs - 41

20 overs - 90 (+49)

30 overs - 142 (+52)

40 overs - 210 (+68)

50 overs - 336 (+126)

Virat and team management must be delighted with this. Can't see the template ever changing.

Edited by sage
4 minutes ago, sage said:

10 overs - 41

20 overs - 90 (+49)

30 overs - 142 (+52)

40 overs - 210 (+68)

50 overs - 336 (+126)

Virat and team management must be delighted with this. Can't see the template ever changing.

They have lost many games like this but not because other teams are not that strong, they haven't lost regularly.  And until they lose repeatedly after scoring 320-330, they will not change.  

5 minutes ago, New guy said:

You really think we will score a 26 ball 50 and a 28 ball 50 each match?

Doesn't mtter what I think. I think TM will be happy with this and attribute the free-flowing end overs batting to the early consolidation. 

10 minutes ago, dilliboy said:

On a pitch like this a century with less than 100 SR is unacceptable... Hope KLPD's innings doesn't cost us 

wtf? blame the openers and Kohli.Rahul cant catch a break with fans,he rebuilds the innings so the hitters can hit freely and scores a run a ball century and still gets criticized.

KL Rahul: It was a hot day and it was important for us to get a partnership. Really happy with what we have achieved after 50 overs. Scoring runs makes you confident, and that's what you want to do. I was disappointed after the T20 series, but that's how the game goes. Few quality shots eased my nerves. Really happy I was able to build those partnerships with Virat and Rishabh. It (the celebration) is just to shut out the noise, not to disrespect anyone. There are people out there who try to pull you down, at times you need to neglect them. So that's just a message to shut out that noise. When me and Virat were batting, we needed anything around 300, so happy with this total"

Rahul confirms that the purpose of the genius template was to eliminate sub 300 tail-risk (see england last game). Very shrewd operation by TM

9 minutes ago, sage said:

KL Rahul:  When me and Virat were batting, we needed anything around 300, so happy with this total"

Rahul confirms that the purpose of the genius template was to eliminate sub 300 tail-risk (see england last game). Very shrewd operation by TM

Rahane ke din yaad aagaye ye sunke

Edited by SK_IH

Kohli pleased with template

Virat Kohli: I think we set quite a decent total on the board. It was going to be challenging if we stayed in the game for long periods. I think we started off really well with the new ball but still England found a way to get a 100 run partnership. We didn't execute too well but I thought they batted brilliantly tonight. It was some of the most amazing batting you'll see when chasing. They totally blew us away during that partnership of Jonny and Ben Stokes. We didn't even have a chance during that partnership. I don't think the dew played any role at all. The ball wasn't difficult to hold. You could say the wicket settles down a bit under lights but that's no excuse. When two of the best teams in the world collide, one of them is going to win convincingly. Last time we came back. This time England didn't give us anything at all. It's quite rare that if you play with that strike rate and give no chances. It shows the quality of batting.

Freaking useless template that has not won us a damn thing. The template also is not reflecting the abilities of the personnel picked, we pick 3 "all rounders" in the XI and top order plays as though no one else knows how to hold a bat.

Lets just get back to our 2011 World Cup template that won us a World Cup. Openers attack, middle order consolidates if its a sluggish pitch otherwise they keep the tempo up and finishers do their job.

Aim should be to leave Hardik,Krunal and Shardul 10 overs.

14 hours ago, sage said:

KL Rahul: It was a hot day and it was important for us to get a partnership. Really happy with what we have achieved after 50 overs. Scoring runs makes you confident, and that's what you want to do. I was disappointed after the T20 series, but that's how the game goes. Few quality shots eased my nerves. Really happy I was able to build those partnerships with Virat and Rishabh. It (the celebration) is just to shut out the noise, not to disrespect anyone. There are people out there who try to pull you down, at times you need to neglect them. So that's just a message to shut out that noise. When me and Virat were batting, we needed anything around 300, so happy with this total"

:hysterical:

15 hours ago, SK_IH said:

It's s disgrace that combined effort of Pant & Pandya i.e. 112 of 56 balls, didn't result in a 350 run score. These two guys scored 112 runs in 9 overs & top order contributed to a relatively feeble 224 in 41 overs. That's ordinary & run of the mill. Indian approach needs complete overhaul.

Most sides have evolved with their batting approach while we have reggressed after Sachin,Sehwag,Yuvi

10 minutes ago, sage said:

Looks like alternative templates haven't produced different results

This is first match. We have already reached  the same score as would have happened with decade old outdated approach. Give this atleast 10-15 games before passing judgements.