India: Covid - II

kepler37b

7 hours ago, ash said:

The question from them is Valid, if the company is allowed to make profits, why are they asking for Grant? Shouldn't it be a loan that they should pay back? What is the cost price and what is the profit percentage? All these are valid questions to be asked, it is up to the center to clarify it. That is how democracy works

They are not grants. But loans or extension of credit line with no collateral or bank guarantees. Govts do this to save industries, big companies etc. the interests and late payment panel ties might get write-offs as well. 

Edited by coffee_rules

6 hours ago, mishra said:

I am sorry to say but a lot of people and comments are insensitive. on this thread (to say the least).  All I can have is tears in my eyes seeing the condition of people and families running for help for dieing loved ones. Getting out of this thread for some time

who were insensitive? Nobody I notice did as you charge? We are discussing lack of government policies to handle the 2nd wave

68k on April 1st to 3lakh daily cases today in 21 days. They claim the peak will be end of May. They should stop all elections. protests. religious gatherings and enforce masking and movement of essential goods only. Bangalore has 3 day work policy and rest from home, weekend lockdowns. Vaccinations and improve HC infrastructure should be the only priority 

6 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

68k on April 1st to 3lakh daily cases today in 21 days. They claim the peak will be end of May. They should stop all elections. protests. religious gatherings and enforce masking and movement of essential goods only. Bangalore has 3 day work policy and rest from home, weekend lockdowns. Vaccinations and improve HC infrastructure should be the only priority 

My 65 yo MIL has tickets to fly to India (Pune) May 4.  Has taken 2 shots of Moderna, but we are still trying to dissuade her.   Not worth the risk.  But friends/relatives are assuring her that they will "take care" and "nothing will happen."  

2 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

My 65 yo MIL has tickets to fly to India (Pune) May 4.  Has taken 2 shots of Moderna, but we are still trying to dissuade her.   Not worth the risk.  But friends/relatives are assuring her that they will "take care" and "nothing will happen."  

MH is ground zero. There will be or there are  quarantine requirements for travelers flying into MH. It is not recommended to fly in peak time

The sudden spike in 3 weeks could be some bio-warfare as the strain in new. I wouldn’t trust the Chinese. Also, earlier it was affecting fatally only 65+ with comorbidities , but in this wave it is affecting people in 20-40 age group. Who were tested antigen negative. But dying in 3 days with high fever. Stay safe and indoors people. Hope, they sequence the dna and find out more about the symptoms

Let's not spread rumours without evidence. This is not a sudden spike, pretty much every country had a bad second wave compared to the first. We were just not ready. I know it is easy to shift blame to others, but even if this is a "biological warfare", the Chinese are not responsible for oxygen shortage are they?

42 minutes ago, ash said:

Let's not spread rumours without evidence. This is not a sudden spike, pretty much every country had a bad second wave compared to the first. We were just not ready. I know it is easy to shift blame to others, but even if this is a "biological warfare", the Chinese are not responsible for oxygen shortage are they?

Just speculating, more young people are dying this wave. O2 shortage causes deaths of older people more. Not trying to divert govt lapses. Modi has been lacklustre in the second wave. 

Edited by coffee_rules

21 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Just speculating, more young people are dying this wave. O2 shortage causes deaths of older people more.

May be more young people with vulnerable genetics are being exposed due to enhanced virulence of the strain. My friend and his father got hospitalized. But his wife and mom had very mild symptoms. May be some people are genetically prone and age is not a big issue at all.

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Just speculating, more young people are dying this wave. O2 shortage causes deaths of older people more. Not trying to divert govt lapses. Modi has been lacklustre in the second wave. 

My family went through it. Speaking to our doctor who runs Covid care facility night and day in Mumbai, these are exceptions. But exceptions stick in our heads. Truth is this thing doesn’t play by the book in some rare cases. 

1 minute ago, ravishingravi said:

My family went through it. Speaking to our doctor who runs Covid care facility night and day in Mumbai, these are exceptions. But exceptions stick in our heads. Truth is this thing doesn’t play by the book in some rare cases. 

Sorry to hear that. Family impact is hard to experience.  Only those impacted feel it hit very hard

Nothing to confirm as there is no news and it can’t come in news, but based on personal messages, If I am to guess, All our top leadership ( politicians and bureaucrats)  are either Corona positive or their family is still recovering from Corona or are self isolating. Very unfortunate place to be in.

So everyone in India is in same boat.

Edited by mishra

Well truth to be told and maybe harsh one. This is the only way we could have learnt the lesson. The casual approach of people in India is just mind blowing. This is perhaps the only way to cause a jolt. Indians had absolutely lost their fear of the disease and we slow to move on vaccine. Including my family too. Some type of Indian exceptionalism. This variant has brought us down on our knees and now forced us to be humble. It’s unfortunate that lives will be lost but this is perhaps the long way to push the vaccination drive and save lives. 

3 hours ago, ash said:

Nothing is going to be enough. Whatever people will need is going to get short when you are having 3 lacs cases a day. Impossible to prepare infrastructure for such numbers.

34 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Nothing is going to be enough. Whatever people will need is going to get short when you are having 3 lacs cases a day. Impossible to prepare infrastructure for such numbers.

Why are you even arguing. Data is there to show. Positivity rate in April has increased 20-30 times compared to March and Feb and increasing every day. Its pointless if someone just wants to argue and not look at facts. You can’t argue with someone who lacks common sense. 

I feel, it’s spreading like wildfire and soon more states will have new variant. 3 lakh is nowhere peak.

Edited by mishra

3 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

China wants to help India with supplies to counter current situation. Would you ?

It depends on how and if there is no catch associated with we need all help we can get 

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

The sudden spike in 3 weeks could be some bio-warfare as the strain in new. I wouldn’t trust the Chinese. Also, earlier it was affecting fatally only 65+ with comorbidities , but in this wave it is affecting people in 20-40 age group. Who were tested antigen negative. But dying in 3 days with high fever. Stay safe and indoors people. Hope, they sequence the dna and find out more about the symptoms

We don't need speculation here without any evidence if you ask Scientist or doctor they would  said there was chance of this happening and still could get much worse if we are unlucky 

34 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

Well truth to be told and maybe harsh one. This is the only way we could have learnt the lesson. The casual approach of people in India is just mind blowing. This is perhaps the only way to cause a jolt. Indians had absolutely lost their fear of the disease and we slow to move on vaccine. Including my family too. Some type of Indian exceptionalism. This variant has brought us down on our knees and now forced us to be humble. It’s unfortunate that lives will be lost but this is perhaps the long way to push the vaccination drive and save lives. 

People all over world have similar behavior that's why UK went lockdown in January and many country has gone lockdown either around December or January to get control, I understand India population makes it near impossible  but we should have some plans we have zero plans now and everyone is shouting vaccine what if  virus mutates to form where it can escape Vaccine and new booster takes time again we might have similar situation 

24 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

That's where you make sure the cases don't go to 3 lakhs that's why other countries applied lockdown   to  have control of Infrastructure and come up with plan India didn't