PM Cares Fund

sarcastic

9 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Govt always has the option to borrow or print money. Common people don't.

Does not work that way noob. As much as Iike schooling your ignorance this is not the thread. Read about things before posting. 

9 hours ago, rkt.india said:

How does it matter whether he ordered it in advance or not? You wouldn't get  500 million in a month or two.  Even if he had ordered in advance, it would still have taken months to procure those vaccines.

Total manufacturing capacity planning for accelerated immunizations, they plan it based on total capacity available across say astrazenca covaxin and other approved vaccines within India etc should have Ben done not done. You are being ignorant argumentative about this again. Orders mean each manufacturer is incentivised or funded even for the said manufacturing capacity. 

21 hours ago, sandeep said:

Zero motivation for me to donate to this "PM cares" fund.

This government decided foolishly to NOT order enough vaccines early in the year, assuming a best case scenario.  This is a historical blunder that simply cannot be forgiven.

How does a country, which has the precious local production option for vaccines, not maximize it.  On what basis do you decide not to order 500 million vaccines right away?  I mean, the global population is 10 times that.  your native requirement is at least double that.  There is no justification for not ordering more from Serum, other than political motives, corruption, or just careless stupidity.  Any of these are criminally negligent and directly led to thousands of avoidable deaths.  

Moron Modi owns this mistake.  Nobody else.  

Hindsight! Iirc news like below were appearing in various sites till March. Health ministry was asking not to waste vaccine while state govmnts were struggling to find the takers and were claiming that they had no option but to waste as each batch/box of 10 requires 10 people

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-26/india-s-unusual-vaccine-problem-plenty-of-shots-but-few-takers

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

Does not work that way noob. As much as Iike schooling your ignorance this is not the thread. Read about things before posting. 

You think only you know that.  Every year govt monetize the fiscal deficit by printing money. They just do it enough to cover the fiscal deficit and in extraordinary circumstances, govt can possibly think about printing money. It's debatable but still plausible in current circumstances.

Edited by rkt.india

11 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

You don’t stop contributing just to save money so you might need it yourself

This time things are really bad.

Any one getting covid complications is literally hell. No hospital beds. Private beds are become very expensive. Even when beds are available,people are being asked to get own oxygen. Oxygen cylinders are going for 30,000 each....oxygen respirators are going for 1.8 lakhs. Lets not talk about life saving drugs.

I couldn't get paracetamol with my local chemist today.

It is like some disaster movie .

Total failure of govts at every level to stop black marketing and hoarding.If the govt can't control covid...they can atleast control the black marketing. But then who knows who is behind all this.

In such times,it is hard not to think about family and people who are close to you. Worst is that there is no visible end to this. Who knows who will need bags full of money for getting basic oxygen or bed. Better to keep money for your needs when govt can't even promise oxygen.

Govt has enough money . They have earned record taxes...have money for everything else....they can find sources if they need.The pm is not really dependent on donations for this. He needs to put his the tax money and his time to better use than he has been doing in the last few disappointing months.

2 hours ago, mishra said:

Hindsight! Iirc news like below were appearing in various sites till March. Health ministry was asking not to waste vaccine while state govmnts were struggling to find the takers and were claiming that they had no option but to waste as each batch/box of 10 requires 10 people

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-26/india-s-unusual-vaccine-problem-plenty-of-shots-but-few-takers

What govt can do. Short of bringing people that can setup manufacturing capacity for vaccines they can do many things order and incentivise vaccine manufacturing. Have multiple manufacturing agreements with multiple ips. Each ip owner will come their home govt vaccine share request option is to go for multiple. 

58 minutes ago, beetle said:

Govt has enough money . They have earned record taxes...have money for everything else....they can find sources if they need.The pm is not really dependent on donations for this. He needs to put his the tax money and his time to better use than he has been doing in the last few disappointing months.

Its not a money problem, its an organization and proper management problem.  

I mean, India's population and supply-demand facts make it a difficult scenario no matter how good a government is, but there have been a lot of  bad mistakes made.  That much is undeniable and indefensible.

4 hours ago, Vilander said:

Truer words not spoken in this thread. There should be a reckoning for this. The lives lost. 

you know, I don't have that much quarrel with folks who would claim that Congress would have probably done worse - likely.

BUT, that does not make bad mistakes and mismanagement of this government somehow justifiable or excusable.  

this PM dude is a major disappointment.. i had really so much hope on this guy.. and the other option of congress is suicidal..

This PM guy is only fit for campaigning as he only offers false bravado and empty rhetorics.. no real susbtance..

looks like there is no hope for this country as there is no able person to bring this country to the next level..

we willl remain a third world hell hole..

can we complain about the govt elsewhere? I can see 4-5 threads on this very forum that can be used for it.

As some of us have already mentioned we donated to PM fund and it had nothing to do with Modi,RSS, BJP etc. I can speak for myself even if this was Rahul Gandhi PM care fund I wouldn’t have a problem donating.

There are multiple NGO’s popping up for  donations to India. Not sure how many are trustworthy. The best option seemed to be this.

If anyone has better alternatives please suggest. 

23 minutes ago, sandeep said:

you know, I don't have that much quarrel with folks who would claim that Congress would have probably done worse - likely.

BUT, that does not make bad mistakes and mismanagement of this government somehow justifiable or excusable.  

I am also inclined to agree that Congress would have done worse, what else middle class in india would have paid higher prices for vaccines and poor people would have got the vaccines ( all of them ) free but thats not all that bad. Impact of not having vaccines would have been more 'secular'ly felt by all economic strata. May be even wave 1 would have been a disaster. 

22 minutes ago, zubinpepsi said:

this PM dude is a major disappointment.. i had really so much hope on this guy.. and the other option of congress is suicidal..

This PM guy is only fit for campaigning as he only offers false bravado and empty rhetorics.. no real susbtance..

looks like there is no hope for this country as there is no able person to bring this country to the next level..

we willl remain a third world hell hole..

we are talking about India here.. for Pakistan and Imran khan you need to go to ---> Pakpassion

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

What govt can do. Short of bringing people that can setup manufacturing capacity for vaccines they can do many things order and incentivise vaccine manufacturing. Have multiple manufacturing agreements with multiple ips. Each ip owner will come their home govt vaccine share request option is to go for multiple. 

Only thing Govmnt could have done differently is revoke patent temporarily. What it could have done is it would have allowed India to mass produce Remdesvir, adjuvants and other stuff which local vaccine companies were waiting on.

For example like below suggestion.

https://www.thepharmaletter.com/article/call-for-indian-government-to-revoke-gilead-s-remdesivir-patent

It would have done irreversible damage to Indian economy but could have saved few lives

8 hours ago, sandeep said:

Yup we all know how 26/11 was handled with the policemen shooting over the wall without looking :lol:It would be no better with congress but bjp is supposed to be different. they are all the same. all jumla. They spent so many crores for that huge statue and the ahmedabad stadium quite recently during these times. Why doesnt the pm ask ambani and adani after whom the stands were named after. why us? Nobody seems to be asking this question.