England counts as a " neutral " venue for an India vs. NZ mega match. Would Dubai/Sharjah/West Indies also be seen as much of a "neutral" venue as England ?

The mood, confidence and assurance as fans about a favorable result for India would have been on a different planet if the WTC Final was played in Dubai or Sharjah or probably even West Indies. 

But that would be seen as "favoring" India and ICC working for India and would have caused endless criticism.

Whereas, India vs. NZ in Eng is seen as "strictly neutral".

Its pretty much like having a super mega grand-slam final between a French Open ATG and Wimbledon ATG on a claycourt and calling it "neutral".

Coming to the actual point of the thread... :phehe:

Yes. Technically it would be considered a neutral venue if it's UAE or Sri Lanka. But the whole non-Indian cricketing fraternity and fans would have surely cried a river. We've got to understand that we're at a point where most (under statement) non-Indians want India to lose and lose badly. 

So the prejudice comes as no surprise.. 

1 hour ago, AuxiliA said:

Forget about the final being played in Asia, if the Southampton pitch starts aiding the spinners even a little bit, 'they' will start accusing ICC of favouring BCCI. Some of our own people here will join them. 

Yes we have many Manjarekar on the forum , if some how Indian spinners performed or batters performed they will cry it was a subcontinent pitch .

50 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Australia suits the most, not England.

Test matches start at 5;00 Am according to IST in Australia.  I think Indian audience is more inclined & suited to D/N fixtures.  England tests start at 3:30 pm IST & covers up the prime time perfectly. 

ICC matches that are scheduled this way as World Cup in Australia had Indian games as D/N fixtures to suit Indian timing whereas same WC in England we saw Indian games as outright day games to suit Indian timings. 

ICC knows how to make best use of India games 

Edited by Lone Wolf
1 hour ago, Norman said:

Wut? Isn't it supposed to be summer? :frown:

I read somewhere that mid-Jun to mid-Aug are the rainiest months... But it rains other times of the year as well.. Really sh!tty place to play an outdoor sport.. 

Interesting that Wimbledon happens during this time.. Maybe I'm wrong 

Edited by bowl_out
4 hours ago, sandeep said:

Even Australia or SA would see a much more 'neutral' setting.  Outside of NZ, England is the best place to favor NZ's chances.  

Timings paramount for global audience. Thats why London being at GMT 0 is good for both americas east coast ( 5 hrs behind) and india (4.5 hrs ahead) in summer. 

1 hour ago, bowl_out said:

I read somewhere that mid-Jun to mid-Aug are the rainiest months... But it rains other times of the year as well.. Really sh!tty place to play an outdoor sport.. 

Interesting that Wimbledon happens during this time.. Maybe I'm wrong 

Wimbledon now has a roof for centre court. But londons rain is on and off. And it startes immediately after the rain stops. In cricket u need to dry the outfield. I remember in 2012 i got a Wimbledon ticket in draw and spent the whole day waiting for federer but only thing i saw was rain.. then i had some work and while going away at 5 pm i had to give the ticket back ( which then is given to another person who is in daily queue) and the rain stopped at 6 anf play went on till 8:30 pm.. yes federe played and won in 3 sets..

3 hours ago, raki05 said:

Yes we have many Manjarekar on the forum , if some how Indian spinners performed or batters performed they will cry it was a subcontinent pitch .

Those chumps should be shipped off to our neighbours. 

Edited by Jay