Who were the most perfect batsman of all time ?

Who were the 3 most perfect batsman of all time ?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who were the 3 most perfect batsman of all time ?

• Brian Lara
    • Sachin Tendulkar
    • Barry Richards
    • Zaheer Abbas
    • Rahul Dravid
    • Greg Chappell
    • Gary Sobers
    • Lawrence Rowe
    • Steve Waugh
    • VVS Laxman
    • Don Bradman
    • Peter May
    • Alvin Kalicharan
    • Martin Crowe
    • Virat Kohli
    • Gordon Greenidge
    • Viv Richards
    • Sunil Gavaskar
    • Ricky Ponting
    • Gundappa Vishwanath

Here I am listing my choice in order of merit of the most perfect batsman of all time.My criteria is not statistical records records but combination of technical correctness with ability to dominate bowling or all-round strokemaking ability and elegance.

1.Barry Richards

2.Sachin Tendulkar

3.Don Bradman

4.Greg Chappell

5.Peter May

6.Gordon Greenidge

7.Rohan Kanhai

8.Martin Crowe

9.Lawrence Rowe

10Gundappa Vishwanath

11..Zaheer Abbas

12.Alvin Kalicharan

Barry is at the top because he possessed every facet in a total package be it technical skill,attacking agression or inventiveness,with Tendulkar only a whisker behind on the same grounds.No batsman decimated attacks as clinically as Barry Richards with such degree of technical skill.Tendulkar was as innovative but not as powerful.Bradman was unorthodox but ultimate embodiment of concentration and temperament.No one dissected bowling for such a prolonged period with such consistent degree of contempt as the Don,who reminded you of a machine.Greg Chappell was elegance personified with perfect technique who could also take domination to realms rarely conquered.Greenidge was very similar to Barry in the clinical manner he pulverized bowling ,with better technique than Viv,Lara or even Sobers.Peter May was the ultimate epitome of batting perfection who took domination to mythical realms,but never at the cost of grace.Rohan Kanhai took bating creativity  or art to unexplored realms,in the manner of a Michelangelo.Martin Crowe playd express space with more skill than any contemporay batsman.Lawrence Rowe was technically the soundest West Indies batsman of all.Gundappa Vishwanath posessed god gifted artistry taking wristwork to divinic regions.Zaheer Abbas could produce strokes of mythical quality,who could pierce the most impregnable gaps and on his day could sit with the Gods of Olympus.Alvin Kalicharan was technical correctnes personified,.a left-handed Rohan Kanhai.

I have excluded superstars like Viv,Lara,Kohli,Steve Smith or Sehwag or even stylists like Gower,Azhar etc.as in my view they were not technically the equal  of  those I chose.No doubt some of them are candidates for the best batsman ever.Ofcourse Viv is better than Greg Chappell and Lawrence Rowe or even Lara ,but in terms of pure technique Greg and Rowe were  better.In my veiw no left-handed bat was as clinical as Kalicharan .I still feel in pure game Tendulkar and Barry were more complete than Bradman.

Edited by Harsh Thakor
1 hour ago, Harsh Thakor said:

View on my choice and  ratings otherwise?

i dont have views , i have questions.  

How can someone like Laxman be ahead of ABDV ?

Even Barry richards, he only played 4 test ...he can be the best talent in world but how can we say unless he has faced international challenge for long n diff formats ?

Even sehwag was an underachiever in one format ?? Sehwag was no way a perfect batsman

ABDV cud do it all, bat whole day long n smash like no one . Even after retirement he is still looks cut above rest in IPL

3 minutes ago, Lord said:

Pandya too deserves a mention :hitler:

Kalicharan? Sounds like the name of a villain in a Manmohan Desai multi-starer. 

Jokes aside, take a look at the list.

Most of the people on the list are those who even my father wouldn't have seen play. People would huddle around a communal radio and listen to commentary. How do you judge perfection on the basis of ancient commentary in dull monotone?

I've seen, live at that, MSD hit a helicopter 6 to win a WC in his home country. That's perfection right there.