Rishabh Pant and one more Indian cricketer in England tests positive, quarantined

14 hours ago, New guy said:

Where are you guys spreading  these rumors from? Reinfection is still very very rare post vaccination and serious illness or deaths are almost impossible. Every single trial and post vaccine study shows this 

Which rumor are trying to claim? They said that vaccinated people can get infected.

What is reinfection?

I was at Delhi airport last weekend and airport authorities returned 3-4 guys because they didn't have -ve test report. They tried to convince them by saying that they are double vaccinated.

But they were simply refused to fly saying that vaccination doesn't guarantee that people won't be infected. Those people were furious and angry having lost their flight ticket money even after getting both doses. 

12 hours ago, maniac said:

I don’t think it totally prevents it either, I am not a science guy but my mom got Corona positive a couple of weeks after her first jab. This was during the peak of 2nd wave in India where we saw those gruesome images. I was worried but she had nothing but mild fever for a couple of days and was back to normal in a week. I think the vaccine while totally can’t eliminate Corona risk definitely reduces it based on my personal experience.  

My friend, it prevents disease as in people for most part won't die or be chronic of it but it will infect people always. That's exactly what happened to your vaccinated mum, may she go from strength to strength and lead a happy high health quality life. I am counting on the same blessings for my old parents. Basically vaccine prevents disease not infection that's exactly what you experienced. 

12 hours ago, Franco Vazquez said:

It reduces the severity of the disease.

Semantics I guess but yeah disease is an infection that has lead to negative impacts to a person's function in this case yes a vaccine would minimise occurance of disease or prevents it completely in many individuals but nothing can prevent an infection viral load is free agent there is not automatic killer mechanism at doors of entry so to speak for virus they do as they please. 

7 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

how the heck did they catch it and why are they not vaccinated?

11 minutes ago, dilliboy said:

Might have only got 1 dose yet.. Alsp vaccine doesn't necessarily prevent infection, it prevents serious symptoms 

The entire touring party got their second dose recently. But being fully vaccinated doesn't mean one will not get infected. Evidence does suggest that the severity of the infections is milder post full vaccination.

4 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Which rumor are trying to claim? They said that vaccinated people can get infected.

What is reinfection?

I was at Delhi airport last weekend and airport authorities returned 3-4 guys because they didn't have -ve test report. They tried to convince them by saying that they are double vaccinated.

But they were simply refused to fly saying that vaccination doesn't guarantee that people won't be infected. Those people were furious and angry having lost their flight ticket money even after getting both doses. 

The rate of infection of vaccinated people is very very rare. Out of them chances of them developing serious illness or death is almost impossible

The authorities are still being cautious as we are still studying the effects of vaccination but most of the reinfection  aren't true infection but dead viruses being detected in the body 

All those posts are pretending as vaccines are almost useless 

Edited by New guy
1 hour ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

The entire touring party got their second dose recently. But being fully vaccinated doesn't mean one will not get infected. Evidence does suggest that the severity of the infections is milder post full vaccination.

One should also remember that testing positive doesn't mean infection, dead virus or inactive virus will also make you test positive. So.even if your  body killed the virus, the mere presence of the dead cells in your nose etc  will make you test positive. 

1 hour ago, New guy said:

The rate of infection of vaccinated people is very very rare. Out of them chances of them developing serious illness or death is almost impossible

The authorities are still being cautious as we are still studying the effects of vaccination but most of the reinfection  aren't true infection but dead viruses being detected in the body 

All those posts are pretending as vaccines are almost useless 

So you're saying that authorities are ok in returning people who have paid of tickets and travelling not just randomly even after double dose and it's just being cautious.

But postes who are suggesting that players should be cautious even after double dose in case of just leisure activities are spreading rumors.

Not sure how to make sense there.

1 hour ago, Trichromatic said:

So you're saying that authorities are ok in returning people who have paid of tickets and travelling not just randomly even after double dose and it's just being cautious.

But postes who are suggesting that players should be cautious even after double dose in case of just leisure activities are spreading rumors.

Not sure how to make sense there.

Authorities will always follow beruacracy unless told otherwise.  Do remember that most Indians are still not vaccinated so no major rule change has been advised by the government. It's much easier for authorities to follow same rules for everyone than make exceptions for the few % vaccinated. Once enough % get vaccinated the rule changed will happen (like in UK it has already happened) 

Also do remember the rules are different in India and UK and in UK people are allowed to move in crowd without masks if vaccinated and/or a basic flow test and this is vetted both by the government and medical authorities. The players did not break any UK rules or UK health advisory 

Edited by New guy
6 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

What is reinfection?

If its for a domestic flight, it varies from destination state to state. Some states like Gujarat Karnataka, Telangana do not require RT PCR negative tests for visitors. Some other like Bengal, Goa etc do require a negative report.

Maharashtra is right now the only state which has allowed fully vaccinated travellers to travel without a negative report, from 13th July.

11 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

If its for a domestic flight, it varies from destination state to state. Some states like Gujarat Karnataka, Telangana do not require RT PCR negative tests for visitors. Some other like Bengal, Goa etc do require a negative report.

Maharashtra is right now the only state which has allowed fully vaccinated travellers to travel without a negative report, from 13th July.

It will happen as the % of vaccinated population goes high across India. As of now it's difficult to make an exception  for so less people,so it's easier to check just one test result 

Vaccination doesnt prevent infection. It only protects you from hospitalization and severe illness. For most people, Covid is a manageable disease and for those who are vaccinated, it becomes even less serious. At this point, people need to live with Covid, rather than panic and shut everything down which will cause more damage to society in long term.