Pujara is done.

1 hour ago, Cricspin said:

and He is often compared with Dravid. At least that debate has stopped for now. 

Pujara seems to have lost lot of his strengths. He can defend in conditions like India and Australia but he looks hopeless in NZ and England.  He also has lost ability to dominate spin. Not sure what he is good at anymore other than being determined to defend everything in an ugly fashion to survive.

He is not even good in India.Now a days he does mujra in front of spin.

still surprised  w.r.t  the team fortunes???  When I found this  certified failure's name in the WTC Final at 3rd position I assumed the result of the final there itself... Now it is the ENG series .If nothing  hugely  surprising happens (as in that AUS 2018-19 series) let the fans be prepared for another huge  disappointment...

I think this is a bowlers era.

27 of che has many innings in which he has sucked the venom from the new ball.

Barring joe root i dont think there is much batting quality in the English line up either.  Gone are the days of kp Trott and bell.

Probably averaging 27 in this era is like averaging 37 in the 2004 to 2014 era.

4 hours ago, Cricspin said:

Problem is he dragged the last two years  (15 tests) in search of that final hundred.

This myth needs to die. Till the Australia 2011-12 Test series, he was good enough to be a part of the Test side and got the infamous 100th 100 in March 2012 itself. He still played more Tests as like a lot of great sportsmen before him, he didn't realize his time was up and wanted to retire on a high.

10 minutes ago, Cricspin said:

Should have retired after world cup high. His stats were great and Money more than he needs for 3 generations.

You are right that he did not realize when to retire. I loved Sachin bat but  still think it came 2 years late. Reduced his legacy and got some haters. 

With the benefit of hindsight, absolutely. But I won't criticize him too much for thinking he had more cricket left in him based on his output in both formats of the game from 2007-2011 WC. In the end, he played an extra couple of ODI series and 3-4 extra Test series than he should have. Big deal. His overall stats are still great in both formats and the haters can go and suck a fat one.

49 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

While Pujara has undoubtedly been poor post the 2018-19 Australian tour, he was easily our highest impact batsman in the previous decade. No amount of rewriting of history will change that even if he doesn't play another Test for India.

Not really.

He may have helped set things up but he didn't power the team over the line. Left it to others to convert draws into wins as blocking only gets you so far. 

Hilarious now to think people thought he was the heir to Dravid when he puts you to sleep when racking up dot balls.

Just now, Sgattick10 said:

Yeah he should concentrate on T20s only from now on 

There is already a separate thread dedicated to Pujara's multi tasking ability.  Such as his unique ability to focus on test and T20 simultaneously.  And how easily he is smashing 100 metre sixes on the nets, which might make even Chris Gayle look like a club level batsman.  :bow: