Can we have a mock Auction at ICF?

Chakdephatte

Is it a good idea?   

4 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 0-10, how bad is this idea

17 hours ago, sandeep said:

Good idea, implementation is the question.

Are there websites that offer this already - dream XI etc? In the US, you can easily set up mock 'drafts' and auctions using yahoo sports espn and umpteen other free options for american fantasy sports.  

More than a decade ago, I set up a basic tournament-specific fantasy points league for cricket on ICF - ran it in a database using basic SQL and Varun helped scrape cricinfo scorecards using perl.  But nobody has time to setup a fully functioning auction software from scratch.  Gotta be available now I'd think.

If you get to know, let us know.

Edited by Chakdephatte

17 hours ago, zen said:

it can be fun if done properly including giving budget to each team, creating a process including turns to bid (no one should post out of turn), and appointing representative(s)

Not a bad idea. We just need to set some assumptions beforehand and choose a group of owners with million dollars to burn :). 

17 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

good idea but how to implement it

Read Sandeep's comment, he says it's possible. I don't know, I was just putting forward an idea and asking if we can do it. Even the title of my thread has a question mark.

Edited by Chakdephatte

We did this a few years before when ICF was on a different Platform and there was a Chat functionality. Later on we also used Google Chat to do the Bidding and stuff, so defenitely possible.

The one issue will be availability of all 10 owners at same time for a few hours over 2 to 3 weekends. Most owners will be in different timezones and will have different availability. If that can be managed, then can be done and we can even use player points from Fantasy cricket to have a competition of how each team is performing.

I am defenitely interested but I am in UK time zone, so availability will need to be worked out.

39 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

We did this a few years before when ICF was on a different Platform and there was a Chat functionality. Later on we also used Google Chat to do the Bidding and stuff, so defenitely possible.

The one issue will be availability of all 10 owners at same time for a few hours over 2 to 3 weekends. Most owners will be in different timezones and will have different availability. If that can be managed, then can be done and we can even use player points from Fantasy cricket to have a competition of how each team is performing.

I am defenitely interested but I am in UK time zone, so availability will need to be worked out.

The question is, who is going to take the responsibility?

ICF was on a different platform, sorry, what does that mean?

27 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

The question is, who is going to take the responsibility?

ICF was on a different platform, sorry, what does that mean?

ICF was on a different hosted server and have different look and functionality a few years before. At that time there was a Chat functionality where you can chat with ICF posters which was used for such Auctions.

4 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

ICF was on a different hosted server and have different look and functionality a few years before. At that time there was a Chat functionality where you can chat with ICF posters which was used for such Auctions.

also we have ICF $

I had 5 trillion :Cry:

22 minutes ago, Lord said:

also we have ICF $

I had 5 trillion :Cry:

3 minutes ago, Lord said:

yes ofcourse lol

ICF currency which we used for betting and other games. And ofcourse the more the merrier :)

A few good things with the old server that is being missed today :((:

• Chat Functionality
  • Games
  • ICF $