BJP Youth Wing Leader Claims India Got Independence On '99-Yr Lease

Singh bling

12 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

You should learn how to remove google prefixes to your links, Shows your indulgences in google searches. 

I could had posted just twitter link but I try to find best link. Sometimes the best link doesn't show link or some problem as I post from smartphone. But anyway I can understand when you don't have defence of content then it's better to attack the poster personally.

2 hours ago, Singh bling said:

I could had posted just twitter link but I try to find best link. Sometimes the best link doesn't show link or some problem as I post from smartphone. But anyway I can understand when you don't have defence of content then it's better to attack the poster personally.

:hatsoff:Hats off to your effort. I though it would be about modi, yogi but a youth wing leader, amazing dedication.

2 hours ago, Singh bling said:

I don’t like to click on Google adjusted direct links as it influences Google to limit my searches to such  sites as I had frequented that site . As expected, when I search “99 year lease India” your link came up first as I had clicked it. That is how the algorithm works.

Plus it was an hour long video, you should tell the time stamp to focus on. 

On topic, there is a notion of 99-year leases for real estate property leases which was a common law in the 19th century. For eg: British were leased Hong Kong by the then Qing empire for 99 years in 1898.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/99-year_lease

Likewise some articlea of GoI act of 1935 has some weird interpretations of this 99 year lease. This is a myth among some WAU circles that British can come back and reclaim India based on this Article 147. 

This is a myth because the Constitution of India in 1950 repeals both acts of Independence of ‘35 and ‘47. But still the myth spreads among the ignorant

Some people spread the same myth for churches of India being leased to them for 100 years by the British and that BJP Govt could terminate that lease and take over all churches. This is scare tactic for Christians to vote otherwise.

As noted by @urbestfriend some small time fish to make such big news about. Even if she thinks so now and becomes a minister or PM, she can be schooled and it is not such a big deal. 

Not as huge as RaGa’s gaffes 

Edited by coffee_rules

On 10/29/2021 at 10:59 AM, urbestfriend said:

OK, some college student who may have misread history...Why is this a news and a thread here? 

our friend the OP is very dedicated that way like TMC backing ABP news. Out of millions of members some youth activist is quoted. I am sure if i start posting about the violence between the factions in the TMC itself it will fill up this entire section. These lady made some uninformed comments. The TMC factions fighting results in death.

But a few things need to be mentioned

(a) While Gandhi and Nehru did have an impact the real push for independence was due to WW2. India primarily got independence due to our soldiers sacrificing themselves in several theatres of war. WW2 also economically wrecked the UK and there was concern if they would be able to hold onto such a populous territory. American and Russians too as part of the Malta conference 1945 wanted Indian subcontinent free. While not directly written in history the Americans wanted to unleash their brand of capitalism and missionaries on India. (note the Philippines which has become a bastard of Spanish and American subcultures). The Russians wanted to weaken the UK and France. 

(b) There was a labour government in power in UK, whose manifesto did include greater freedom for the crown territories. The Americans as part of the Marshall plan coaxed Atlee to go one step further. Had the conservatives been in power no way Churchill (who lost of the 1945 elections) despite all the pressure would have accepted independence. Devolution maybe. 

The truth is that there were factors which were much more important than Gandhi or Nehru which resulted in independence. Indian history as written by the Congress ideologues paints both of these figures as being the only reason for independence with a passing mention to leaders like Sardar patel (who played a much more important role in unifying territories than Nehru). If you read the British side of things, you get a true understanding of the situation. It is true that India would eventually get independence. The fundamental fact is a weakened UK would simply not be able to hold on. This is the single biggest factor for Indian independence. Not just UK, even Germany and France shed many territories in the 50s and 60s.

On 10/29/2021 at 2:39 PM, Singh bling said:

It is either a personal attack or a Whataboutery. :laugh: what about Congress, what about Rahul Gandhi, what about Muslims, what about pakistannn. 

Edited by ash

2 hours ago, ash said:

It is either a personal attack or a Whataboutery. :laugh: what about Congress, what about Rahul Gandhi, what about Muslims, what about pakistannn. 

If you show me an small time idiot, I will show a bigger idiots like Stalin, which is more harmful. It is very rich complaining about whataboutry from a leli like you, you guys invested it. Did you read my response to him why Google prefixed links are harmful for others. It is kind of brainwashing, if I keep clicking on such links, one day I will start thinking like you guys, guys like @speedheat and will respond to every post with feku, feku, fenku… karta rahoonga

2 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

If you show me an small time idiot, I will show a bigger idiots like Stalin, which is more harmful. It is very rich complaining about whataboutry from a leli like you, you guys invested it. Did you read my response to him why Google prefixed links are harmful for others. It is kind of brainwashing, if I keep clicking on such links, one day I will start thinking like you guys, guys like @speedheat and will respond to every post with feku, feku, fenku… karta rahoonga

This is incredibly rich coming from a person who uses meme and Facebook and Twitter from nobodies to constantly spread communal hate and claim hindusim is in danger based on them

16 minutes ago, New guy said:

This is incredibly rich coming from a person who uses meme and Facebook and Twitter from nobodies to constantly spread communal hate and claim hindusim is in danger based on them

How are you doing whataboutry now? You are comparing Google modified links to tweets? Ignoring  rest of ad hominem.

6 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

If you show me an small time idiot, I will show a bigger idiots like Stalin, which is more harmful.

That's the difference between you and me. Unlike you, I am not in a cult. DMK and Stalin can * off for all I care. If you have any concern about Stalin, I will try to argue or accept, instead of saying "What about Modi". Whataboutery is a escape method for cowards. 

3 hours ago, ash said:

That's the difference between you and me. Unlike you, I am not in a cult. DMK and Stalin can * off for all I care. If you have any concern about Stalin, I will try to argue or accept, instead of saying "What about Modi". Whataboutery is a escape method for cowards. 

You have not read any discussion on this thread, just butting in trolling and making personal attacks. You can’t be objective. 

FBzuHGxWUAUeHv-?format=jpg&name=small