Hardik Pandya mega discussion thread

1 hour ago, Number said:

Asking to drop someone who has done almost nothing is not an agenda. It can be because their experts feel we need an extra batsman. You could have termed it as agenda if Pandya had done really well and even then there were calls to drop him. 

Did i say holding n other ex cricketers who has asked question of his place having an agenda??? No na 

IF i have pointed it particularly their wud be a reason, read the post ....read ganguly comment their.....read comments on twitter where ppl have started questioning it 

On 8/14/2018 at 3:42 PM, swastikpanda2 said:

Stokes in the first test of India-England series in India scored a hundred in the first innings and took a fifer in the 3rd test of that series. He was their best pacer along with broad I think.

Stokes was one of their best players in that test series.

Woakes was very poor in that test series.

In Odis, Stokes wasn't good with ball (remember those were high scoring matches) but contributed well with the bat and Woakes was the best new ball bowler in the Odi series who also won the 3rd Odi with his batting.

Ben stokes even bagged a very high Ipl contract in 2017 because of his all round performance in India.

That's the key word "their" .

he had average stats in that series overall but was good for England because they were poor as a team themselves,similar to pandya in the present series .he might not be having good numbers with both bat and ball but comfortably one of the decent performers from "our" (that's the key point) side .

stokes took just 8 wkts at 45 which is below average performance and scored at an average of 38 which is also average given the flat nature of pitches during that series 

6 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Man this Vikrant Gupta is so hateful against Pandya. He is blasting him now as if he is the only person responsible for loss. Agreed Pandya played bad, but he is not the main reason for defeat.

When these people get after someone so bad, they lose their credibility.

Now every time they criticize someone, people will wonder if it is real criticism or some personal agenda.

5 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Man this Vikrant Gupta is so hateful against Pandya. He is blasting him now as if he is the only person responsible for loss. Agreed Pandya played bad, but he is not the main reason for defeat.

He was the biggest reason we lost. 85 runs for a wicket and scored 4 runs.

And if you look at the context, he bowled at the tail in the second innings and came in to bat both the times when the ball was old. He should have scored.

As i said their is an agenda

Look how his answer has been turned

HE humbly says - Sir M not kapil dev, dnt compare me with him he was gr8 in his era.....let me be myself

Nothing wrong with he said, he knws where he stands 

N how these ppl make it sound like 

as if he has said - i dnt want to be kapil , m pandya which is better 

Which he never meant 

Disgusting 

If we look at the recently completed IPL: 

• Most 6s hit: Kishan -> 30 in 354 balls 
  • Hardik -> 25 6s in 157 balls = hitting a 6 every over 
  • Pollard -> 22 6s in 140 balls = hitting a 6 every over 

I have not seen an Indian batsman hit 6s in such an effortless fashion. The margin of error for the bowlers is extremely low. Many times, he goes on to hit 2-3 6s in a row! This is  next level hitting. Last year, he hit 29 6s in 210 balls (MVP for MI in 2019). Appears as if the hard work he is putting to get big shots consistently in has began to pay off. 

5 minutes ago, zen said:

I have not seen an Indian batsman hit 6s in such an effortless fashion. The margin of error for the bowlers is extremely low. Many times, he goes on to hit 2-3 6s in a row! This is  next level hitting. Last year, he hit 29 6s in 210 balls (MVP for MI in 2019). Appears as if the hard work he is putting to get big shots consistently in has began to pay off. 

Its a rare skill worldwide - but especially in India. What's good about Pandya is that he has a decent range of 6-hitting options against both spin and pace.  Even top-shelf pace.  

40 minutes ago, zen said:

He is sensational in IPL but somehow that isn't translating into international level. Out of 210 balls he faced in T20Is, he only hit 19 sixes.. 10 less than his ipl performance. He should also bat higher in national team, ahead of Iyer

9 minutes ago, Serpico said:

He is sensational in IPL but somehow that isn't translating into international level. Out of 210 balls he faced in T20Is, he only hit 19 sixes.. 10 less than his ipl performance. He should also bat higher in national team, ahead of Iyer

SDP has not played much in international T20s since IPL 2019, from where we saw him as a different batsman .... His current "overall" record is influenced by matches played before IPL 2019 

PS has only batted in 1 inning in international T20s since IPL 2019 

Edited by zen
1 minute ago, Forever Indian said:

One thing that Pandya has really improved on is his hitting ability against pace which was a bit of weakness till 12 or 18 months back.

He needs to ensure he remains fit though, as that will be his biggest challenge if he is to contribute as an allrounder.

His bowling is the cause of his injuries. he is very slim to be a fast bowler. he does bowl at a decent pace but it takes toll of his back because he puts in his entire body into his bowling. He can make the team on his batting alone so it would be wise of the Indian TM to not put pressure on him by asking him to bowl. or maybe he can bowl like pollard with a slow run up and bowl cutters and changeups with an occasional quicker one that too not as a full time bowler. He must be used only when a bowler is going for runs. MI made the right choice in not allowing him to bowl and thats how the Indian team has to approach

29 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

His bowling is the cause of his injuries. he is very slim to be a fast bowler. he does bowl at a decent pace but it takes toll of his back because he puts in his entire body into his bowling. He can make the team on his batting alone so it would be wise of the Indian TM to not put pressure on him by asking him to bowl. or maybe he can bowl like pollard with a slow run up and bowl cutters and changeups with an occasional quicker one that too not as a full time bowler. He must be used only when a bowler is going for runs. MI made the right choice in not allowing him to bowl and thats how the Indian team has to approach

I'm still hoping he can recover eventually, enough to be a consistent 5 over option in ODIs.