IPL 2022 Mega Auction

zen

26 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

All the sides look decent on paper. Even KKR looks okay now with the last minute buys. 

I wonder how the schedule would be? Each team plays the other twice? One home, one away? 18 games per side?

Two groups. Teams will play all teams in their group twice but with other groups only once. This is a speculation in media but sounds good.

Edited by Chakdephatte

2 hours ago, nitinbwj said:

Interesting story from Sports Star

He was chilling out in his home not far from the Hotel attending guests when he got a call from Brijesh Patel who is a friend to get ready and reach there in 15-20 mins. Charu agreed as he couldn't say no to him plus he has been auctioneering in local circuits for a long time. The fact that he did it with no prior notice and still conducted the auction smoothly speaks volumes of the man. 

Gr8 Job Charu

That what good contact does for you.

11 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

Two groups. Teams will play all teams in their group twice but with other groups only once. This is a speculation in media but sounds good.

too confusing.

with neutral grounds already no point of playing teams twice. Play everyone once. That's still 49 matches

Did I read it correct somewhere that Shreyas Iyer went for 12 Crores ? Is that true ? Kya majak hai, a batsman that isn't good enough to be part of playing 11 going for more than 10+ Crores. 

Don't think any players even best of the best were getting 8 crore 9 crore 10 crore during the first few editions of the IPL, now so many teams are throwing big money on even mediocre players.

1 minute ago, rageaddict said:

Did I read it correct somewhere that Shreyas Iyer went for 12 Crores ? Is that true ? Kya majak hai, a batsman that isn't good enough to be part of playing 11 going for more than 10+ Crores. 

Don't think any players even best of the best were getting 8 crore 9 crore 10 crore during the first few editions of the IPL, now so many teams are throwing big money on even mediocre players.

Can't agree. He can fit in most elevens. But he cannot be the first or second choice player of any team.

Comparing with early few seasons is not right, IPL was not that big. Not sure what purse teams got then.

35 minutes ago, rageaddict said:

exactly a batsman with that kind of below avg s/r is getting paid 12 cr has to be a joke

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

exactly a batsman with that kind of below avg s/r is getting paid 12 cr has to be a joke

He is being picked to be the captain, not just batsman. Many teams had to pick their captains and most wants Indian captain than overseas.