ECB offer to host India and Pakistan Test series in England

sage

While I am very far removed from India in terms of its issues with Pakistan, Im happy to go with whatever my brothers on here say what to do.

What I dont understand is if we can play them in an Asia Cup? Why not in a Test match at a neutral venue, but only of our choosing?

A 3 Test series in Australia would actually be not a bad idea, Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide.

9 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

What I dont understand is if we can play them in an Asia Cup? Why not in a Test match at a neutral venue, but only of our choosing?

The point is to (financially) hurt Pakistan and not ourselves. There are economic sanctions and boycotts going on from both sides. 

Not playing bilaterals against India denies PCB millions of dollars in Indian TV revenue. They have openly cried about it. 

India boycotting WC (& Asia cup) matches against Pak won't do them any harm as they are ICC/ACC events. Instead we would be harming ourselves by forfeiting crucial points. 

1 hour ago, AuxiliA said:

The point is to (financially) hurt Pakistan and not ourselves. There are economic sanctions and boycotts going on from both sides. 

Not playing bilaterals against India denies PCB millions of dollars in Indian TV revenue. They have openly cried about it. 

India boycotting WC (& Asia cup) matches against Pak won't do them any harm as they are ICC/ACC events. Instead we would be harming ourselves by forfeiting crucial points. 

Thats totally fine.

If you guys believe in this course of action, Im all for it.

Im not going to sit in the comfort of Australia that is so far removed geographically and politically to cast judgements of whats best for Indian cricket politically.

Not a single death of an Indian soldier guarding Kashmir by the hands of Pakistan is acceptable is the way I view things. So if boycotting Pakistan hurts them, then Im all for it.

England 'offers' to be neutral venue for India-Pakistan Test series, BCCI 'not interested'

LONDON: England and Wales Cricket Board has informally offered to be the hosts if India and Pakistan plan to play a bilateral Test series but BCCI sources said chances of that happening in near future is "next to nil".

"Firstly, ECB spoke to PCB about an Indo-Pak series and that's a bit weird. In any case, a series against Pakistan is not something that the BCCI will decide but it is the decision of the government. As of now, the stance remains the same. We only play Pakistan at multi-team events," a senior BCCI official privy to India's position told PTI on Tuesday.
3 hours ago, AuxiliA said:

Your boycott is selective. Do full or not.