BCCI set to drop many senior players from T20s (T20WC22 debacle)

zen

1 hour ago, raki05 said:

Lol this shitty chapri has big mouth. Thanks to that Sydney sc pit h where he hit English trundler and able to hog some limelight. Otherwise on bouncy pitches against 140 above pace attack he is no different than kela,DK and other kachuas.

Adelaide pitch it was. He used the side short boundaries to hit sixes . Failed to do against BD in the same ground

Edited by coffee_rules

We are slowly adopting the Pakistani cricketer's way of trash talking, but even they sound humble and apologetic to their own countrymen.
In search of confident players, we are moving to an era of "overconfident" and "arrogant" players who give no hoot to the people who support them and want them to succeed.

Pandya should have said that "we understand the public sentiment and we've used that to retrospect where we went wrong, and hopefully we will be able to win back the support by improving our performance and making them proud again", but this statement is beyond embarassing.

Just compare this statement with Buttler's statment which he gave after the loss against Ireland, sums up the mentality of our cricketers.

12 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Adelaide pitch it was. He used the side short boundaries to hit sixes . Failed to do against BD in the same ground

Yes thanks for that..... Actually India should have learnt lessons from that BD game where they thrashed our Trundlers and even 185 dint look good total. Toss was major factor on that pitch, I bet if eng would have batted first they would have also struggled. Somehow India is a also a bit unlucky with toss during crucial ko games. Not sure who will end this Panautuguri with toss.

16 minutes ago, zen said:

Rohit should be booted out from ODI and Tests,too. Pandya should be LOIs captain and Pant should be in tests. Rohit offers nothing as captain as he is always resting. Why the hell he is test captain is beyond my understanding.

Will see what he does against Australia at home. 

10 minutes ago, Bigg Brother said:

Rohit should be booted out from ODI and Tests,too. Pandya should be LOIs captain and Pant should be in tests. Rohit offers nothing as captain as he is always resting. Why the hell he is test captain is beyond my understanding.

Will see what he does against Australia at home. 

Unfortunately, India would run in to a situation where Rohit could have bad 6 months and Ind could have more questions with 2-3 months to go for the ODI WC :dontknow:

Rohit should be removed from captaincy.

Hardik for ODIs and T20Is.

Get Kohli back for tests. He was always a good test captain and a poor LOI captain. 

No way should Rohit be allowed to eff up the 2023 WC campaign with his timid approach of tuk tuk batsmen, floaty trundlers and finger spinners.

Edited by express bowling

Rohit like MSD is a master of Sc conditons. Horses for courses.  Australian and Indian conditons are day and night. Needs to be the captain for 2023 wc. No knee jerk reactions please.

After 2023 Pant, Pandya and unfortunately Rahul should be leading to take over. Pandya has nailed T20s and maybe ODIs. Pant for tests is and Bumrah as vc for all 3 is the way to go.

36 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Hardik for ODIs.

Get Kohli back for tests. He was always a good test captain and a poor LOI captain. 

No way should Rohit be allowed to eff up the 2023 WC campaign with his timid sppriach of tuk tuk batsmen, trundlers and finger spinners.

Not sure if Hardik will be playing most ODIs. He can easily play as pure middle order batsman but I have my doubts on whether selectors have that in mind, they typically push cricketers across all formats & with him not playing tests they'll definitely expect him to play as AR in ODIs too, which brings durability to the discussion.

2 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Not sure if Hardik will be playing most ODIs. He can easily play as pure middle order batsman but I have my doubts on whether selectors have that in mind, they typically push cricketers across all formats & with him not playing tests they'll definitely expect him to play as AR in ODIs too, which brings durability to the discussion.

just hope he doesn’t hide himself with the ball and bat. Not a comfortable sign last game. Pandya is one of those who is smarter than he looks or in has case way smarter (cricket wise) than how he comes across. T20 it is easier to hide but ODIs you need to contribute every which way.

With Rohit and Kohli being potentially phased out, it’s going to be a different beast now when the score is either 275/2 or 16/4 as the spotlight will be on him.