R Ashwin explains why Rahul Dravid and support staff opted for rest

Pollack

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/rahul-dravid-and-his-team-put-in-extensive-hard-work-ahead-of-the-t20-world-cup-ravichandran-ashwin-8277266/

Ravi Ashwin on his Youtube channel said “I will explain why Laxman has gone there with a completely different team because even that could be interpreted differently. Rahul Dravid and his team put in extensive hard work ahead of the T20 World Cup, right from planning, since I saw this from close quarters, I’m saying this. They had specific in-depth plans for each venue and each opposition. So they would have been under not only mental but also physical burnout and everyone needed a break. As soon as the New Zealand series ends, we have the Bangladesh tour. That’s why we have a different coaching staff led by Laxman for this tour,”

I did not see any specific plans throughout the world cup. If they had then it shows how bad Rahul Dravid and Rohit are in strategies and plans besides selections.

8 minutes ago, Pollack said:

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/rahul-dravid-and-his-team-put-in-extensive-hard-work-ahead-of-the-t20-world-cup-ravichandran-ashwin-8277266/

Ravi Ashwin on his Youtube channel said “I will explain why Laxman has gone there with a completely different team because even that could be interpreted differently. Rahul Dravid and his team put in extensive hard work ahead of the T20 World Cup, right from planning, since I saw this from close quarters, I’m saying this. They had specific in-depth plans for each venue and each opposition. So they would have been under not only mental but also physical burnout and everyone needed a break. As soon as the New Zealand series ends, we have the Bangladesh tour. That’s why we have a different coaching staff led by Laxman for this tour,”

I did not see any specific plans throughout the world cup. If they had then it shows how bad Rahul Dravid and Rohit are in strategies and plans besides selections.

So the plan for the SF despite the venue and pitch was to tuk tuk away for 16-17 overs? Brilliant!

Drabid really is a sad joke and so out of touch in today's world.

Burnt out after a month long tournament in a niche sport like cricket?

Try coping with the intensity in football and the WC that's about to start. After such a pathetic performance in Aus he would have been sacked and told take all the rest you want.

Entitled loser.

32 minutes ago, nevada said:

So the plan for the SF despite the venue and pitch was to tuk tuk away for 16-17 overs? Brilliant!

Entire world cup India played with the same team. The only changes that were made was Hooda replacing Axar against SA. Maybe the plan was to bring in an extra offspinner against left handed SA batsmen. It doesn't make any sense because if your premier offspinner is not enough then how can a part time offspinner be useful? The other change was Pant for Karthik which was a forced change since Karthik looked pathetic. So of team India played with the same team against at all the venues what extensive plans did team India have specific to venues? Ya sirf plan hi banaya implement karne mein phat gayi?

4 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Extreme workload and extreme pressure are the reason why they are paid the huge money that they are. If they need break because of burnout, better give the position to someone who is dying to work day and night for the team and show some results.

After such a 3rd class performance, only a shameless person would take a break.

Very well said. They then should quit. Dravid has to be kicked out asap.

7 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Extreme workload and extreme pressure are the reason why they are paid the huge money that they are. If they need break because of burnout, better give the position to someone who is dying to work day and night for the team and show some results.

After such a 3rd class performance, only a shameless person would take a break.

he (drabid also known as d.rabid) is a mentally weak and fragile guy. just like Mr Vada pav, it would seem

40 minutes ago, vivek04 said:

Ashwin should retire from white ball cricket for the sake of indian cricket. His presence is detrimental to the indian team

It is a miracle he came back. He didn't exactly light up the IPl as well. Chahal comfortably outbowled him. Only change he made was his batting. He was given aa niche role in the iPL by RR team management.  He was used as a  pinch hitter. Unless current Indian management was going to use him as a pinch hitter there was no role for him. Jadeja's absence made his entry into squad easier.

32 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

It is a miracle he came back. He didn't exactly light up the IPl as well. Chahal comfortably outbowled him. Only change he made was his batting. He was given aa niche role in the iPL by RR team management.  He was used as a  pinch hitter. Unless current Indian management was going to use him as a pinch hitter there was no role for him. Jadeja's absence made his entry into squad easier.

Useless selectors again fallen in his trap. He provides neither the wickets when the team needs it nor a explosive late order batsmen for eg. like curran. And also a mediocre fielder. This is indian cricket for you where the selections have been made based on no. of white hairs and nepotism.

4 hours ago, vivek04 said:

Useless selectors again fallen in his trap. He provides neither the wickets when the team needs it nor a explosive late order batsmen for eg. like curran. And also a mediocre fielder. This is indian cricket for you where the selections have been made based on no. of white hairs and nepotism.

selectors keep doing the same gibberish over and over again.

This idiot has been worthless outside asia. He should not be anywhere in odi atleast. Who the eff bowls million carom balls after another? He is a OFF spinner so use ur guile and experience not same **** all the time. Even moheen ali is even better than him and less said the better about his batting compared to moeen. What a absolute retard of bowler i have seen

14 hours ago, The Realist said:

Drabid really is a sad joke and so out of touch in today's world.

Burnt out after a month long tournament in a niche sport like cricket?

Try coping with the intensity in football and the WC that's about to start. After such a pathetic performance in Aus he would have been sacked and told take all the rest you want.

Entitled loser.

Not fit for the job.