The Buzdil Kumar Scam

jalebi_bhai

59 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

I am going to give a breakdown of how Buzdil Kumar keeps making a case for selection with his economy class bowling. It is pure corruption that this guy still plays for India.

Phase 1: Give him the brand new ball and mandatory first over. Ball will swing plenty, so he can take it away from the batsmen.

Moreover, 90% batsmen will carefully play out the first over as it is, unless the bowling is outright horrible. A thoroughbred mediocrity like Buzdil will shine in this phase. 

The new ball offers movement for about 3-4 overs, and Buzdil will finish half his quota by then. Might get a wicket along the way.

Phase 2: Get hit for about 8-16 runs in the third over, unless bowling to associate batters.

So after 3 overs, his figures usually read 20-0 or 20-1 in 3 overs. Andh bhakts get hard-ons looking at his 6.67 eco rate. 

Phase 3(optional): bowl 4th over and get butchered for 12+ runs, unless bowling to associate batsmen or tailenders. 

Nowadays, TM doesn't bowl his 4th over because they know he is a buffet bowler when there is no swing. So they parade his economy rate and justify his selection. This is how the scam works.

:hatsoff:

1 hour ago, jalebi_bhai said:

That was direct phase 2 since there was minimal swing on offer.

Edit: My bad, I thought you meant in the semis. In the bilaterals, it was extended phase 1. He thrives in English conditions.

Oh really? Couldn't pick single wicket in first 40 overs of whole 2019 worldcup and similar performance in 2017 champions trophy and this is when opposition bowlers like Amir, Boult, Shaheen, Henry destroy our top & middle order in same conditions.

3 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Oh really? Couldn't pick single wicket in first 40 overs of whole 2019 worldcup and similar performance in 2017 champions trophy and this is when opposition bowlers like Amir, Boult, Shaheen, Henry destroy our top & middle order in same conditions.

I know you are strengthening my argument but this is strictly about t20is. He is pretty much out of contention in ODIs.