Why is Hooda getting hate now?

15 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

People wanted him over Kohli in Australia after his hundred in Ireland. What suddenly happened? One failure at Perth and they want him out, or did I miss any match? Surely hasn't done anything wrong till now.

kohli PR machine went into overdrive thanks to his successful tournament (personally).

however, hooda is not meant to be a like-for-like replacement for a no. 3 batter (like kohli)

Edited by Vijy

No hate as long as he is putting the numbers. It’s just that people don’t see him as a long term viable option.

if a guy like S.Iyer or Arshdeep can get hate despite putting on numbers every game on here just for the semantics than Hooda has a long way to go to earn respect. It’s not fair but that’s the way it is unfortunately.

Don’t rate him yet. Also he is a top 3 bat, won’t work as a finisher  every time 

Hooda is a good LOI  option. He can play at a high SR esp. once he has played like 10 balls. Additionally, he can bowl too. 

If some folks (mainly supporters of other players) hate, let them hate (what else can they do besides that?). Hooda is going to get chances and will be judged based on performances over a period of time. 

I think Hooda should have followed SKY's footsteps and made himself into a finisher in t20s.He will add value there as he can bowl occasional over .He still has chance if he hones his skills as a finisher now that Pandya has become more of an accumulator.

He was never going to be top order batsman for Indian team.

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I think Hooda should have followed SKY's footsteps and made himself into a finisher in t20s.He will add value there as he can bowl occasional over .He still has chance if he hones his skills as a finisher now that Pandya has become more of an accumulator.

He was never going to be top order batsman for Indian team.

He is another spin bully besides Iyer. But his finishing has a lot of room for improvement. I will take any wankede finishing with a pinch of salt.  Needs to prove a lot in this role.

6 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

He is another spin bully besides Iyer. But his finishing has a lot of room for improvement. I will take any wankede finishing with a pinch of salt.  Needs to prove a lot in this role.

Hooda is a seasoned player, he should try to make himself selectable by adding finishing skills. Hope Dravid keeps him in one batting spot.

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

Hooda has trouble hitting 140 k+ balls.

Needs to sort this out if he wants to be a regular.

Otherwise he is ok. Nothing special but nothing bad. 

But he is better used just before the death as he has issues against high pace and most quicks bowl then. 

bowlers will soon figure out that they need to bowl short of a length into the body. also my concern with kishan to an extent.

Hooda plays the same role as Iyer...spin bashers who can also hit a bit against pace. He is a good fielder, can chip in as your 6th bowler and be developed as a finisher if his role is defined.

If you want someone like SKY then Rahul Tripathi is the closest that we have on bench, Tripathi also has decent medium pace bowling ability which is not explored much.

8 hours ago, express bowling said:

Hooda has trouble hitting 140 k+ balls.

Needs to sort this out if he wants to be a regular.

Otherwise he is ok. Nothing special but nothing bad. 

But he is better used just before the death as he has issues against high pace and most quicks bowl then. 

First time I got a good look at him, thought exactly the same. If he could bowl economically a few overs he would add immensely to his value, otherwise, India has better batting options.