This day that year,greatest Indian Test innings?Probably one out of very few

Suhaan

A magical knock. It was a phase for Aus where it would get beaten by some out-of-the-world performances such as Lara's stunning 153* and then the Herculian 281 by VVS ... Recently, Stokes with 135* and of course Pujara's multiple 100s in Aus.  

It is definitely the GREATEST that I have seen.

Australia rolling us in first Test

Australia winning 16 Tests on the trot

Australia out to conquer the last fortress....

Australis bundled us out cheaply in first innings and enforced follow on

Australia have McGrath and Warne, two of the greatest bowlers one can encounter.

There cannot be a bigger occasion and tougher opposition.

I am very glad that I missed college to watch the entire day's play. VVS + Dravid started batting in the morning. I was about to leave for college as soon as one of them got out. They kept playing, I kept watching. Entire day.

42 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

Surprised that many of Gillespies balls were over 140. Found one that clocked 148 too. 

He was very quick since his debut maybe from 1996 to 2003, Australia had the most lethal pace attack  featuring McGrath,Lee,Gillespie with Kasprowics in early 2000s

Edited by Suhaan
45 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

The shot that Laxman played against Warne from outside the legstump around the wicket using his feet and going over cover is the stuff which makes any batting enthusiast orgasm. Our current lot can only dream of batting like that against spin. 

But but He was a sidekick in his side for a loyal coolie of Koolie

Edited by Suhaan

Best ever is bit too much.How is it better innings than Kushal Perera's knock.

VVS's knock is best ever innings by Indian batsman.Would it be the greatest knock by an Indian  if the match ended in draw.

End result matters.Sunil Gavskar scored 221 chasing 439 only to end up 9 runs short.It is not even considered a top ten knock.

Edited by putrevus
20 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Definitely the best ever for me. Simply phenomenal. Lara's 153 up there too and Kusal Perera as well.

Lara was dropped towards the end. That innings was on par with Sachin's 136

Kusal Perera was an underrated innings just because player is not superstar

Every time I see this knock, I think of the batting-order change that sparked everything.  Dravid, the usual #3, was dropped down to #6 as he didn't seem to be in great touch up until that point (I don't remember whether he was carrying an injury).  VVSL had looked great in the otherwise disastrous first innings, and SCG sent him at #3.  These days, it just seems like batting orders, except for the occasional nightwatchman, are pretty set.  Sometimes, just shaking things up for the sake of doing so works in sports.

Edited by BacktoCricaddict
Just now, BacktoCricaddict said:

Every time I see this knock, I think of the batting-order change that sparked everything.  Dravid, the usual #3, was dropped down to #6 as he didn't seem to be in great touch up until that point (I don't remember whether he was carrying an injury).  VVSL had looked great in the otherwise disastrous first innings, and SCG sent him at #3.  These days, it just seems like batting orders, except for the occasional nightwatchman, is pretty set.  Sometimes, just shaking things up for the sake of doing so works in sports. 

VVS's first innings display was very important in giving us the momentum and belief to start that second innings well.

42 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Every time I see this knock, I think of the batting-order change that sparked everything.  Dravid, the usual #3, was dropped down to #6 as he didn't seem to be in great touch up until that point (I don't remember whether he was carrying an injury).  VVSL had looked great in the otherwise disastrous first innings, and SCG sent him at #3.  These days, it just seems like batting orders, except for the occasional nightwatchman, aew pretty set.  Sometimes, just shaking things up for the sake of doing so works in sports.

Spot on, Rahul Dravid of all people should know , how these changes can affect the outcome of the match.

If Pant was promoted in world t20 semis, who knows what would have happened.