IPL Rule Change - Teams will now be named after the toss

sage

5 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

LOLLL

so during batting they can pack their team with 11 batters and during bowling they can have 11 bowlers.

What chutiyapa is this. BCCI trying to reduce accountability of their star player captains to pick a  balanced team which can do well either batting or bowling first

That is not correct. The rule is you can pick your playing XI depending on toss result. I think it is a good move as it would take out the toss advantage to some extent. We have seen in many venues the game is decided during the toss itself. Now if a team has loss the toss and is asked to bat first where its easy to chase, they can drop a batsman and pick an extra bowler for example. 

18 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

That is not correct. The rule is you can pick your playing XI depending on toss result. I think it is a good move as it would take out the toss advantage to some extent. We have seen in many venues the game is decided during the toss itself. Now if a team has loss the toss and is asked to bat first where its easy to chase, they can drop a batsman and pick an extra bowler for example. 

so why have a toss- either you standardised pitches and ground sizes therefore you dont need the toss OR you just play with the luck of the toss and hope for the best with the team you have selected

12 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

so why have a toss- either you standardised pitches and ground sizes therefore you dont need the toss OR you just play with the luck of the toss and hope for the best with the team you have selected

I don't think Pitches and ground sizes are a concern. The issue is toss plays a major factor in white ball cricket where batting gets easier under lights for due. We have seen in last Asia cup and will see the same in upcoming ODI world cup. The only way to negate this is to have day matches but that won't be possible due to broadcaster's demand. Thats why you will see toss is not such a concern in test cricket but in day/night white ball games, its the main thing.

This helps mitigate the 'win toss, win match' probabilities a bit, but not by much.

Having a toss auction is the optimal solution in my opinion, one that fits across all conditions and formats.  Captains should bid on the right to bat/bowl first in 5 run increments.  If batting 2nd is an advantage worth 20 runs then let it be priced in, instead of having "luck" bestow that benefit.

3 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Absolutely love this rule. 

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

Good move.

It negates the toss advantage to some extent.

Also, I am happy that we are trying to introduce positive changes to the game instead of being followers.

this was implemented in BBL

So we are still followers lol

2 hours ago, sandeep said:

This helps mitigate the 'win toss, win match' probabilities a bit, but not by much.

Having a toss auction is the optimal solution in my opinion, one that fits across all conditions and formats.  Captains should bid on the right to bat/bowl first in 5 run increments.  If batting 2nd is an advantage worth 20 runs then let it be priced in, instead of having "luck" bestow that benefit.

Thoda simple mai samjha yaar