Akhtar : " I deliberately bowled a beamer aiming at Dhoni's head that could kill him in 2005 match "

8 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Bloody rascal he should be kicked out of the game and never be allowed to be part of the sport in any capacity.

Bowlers cannot be weaponizing the ball. I even think Brett Lee when he hit Sachin in 2008 was also done on purpose.

Brett Lee has done it more than a few times on purpose. It was often delivered right after a boundary

3 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Brett Lee has done it more than a few times on purpose. It was often delivered right after a boundary

Despite enjoying exalted status in India, doing song Collab with Asha Bhonsle, etc Lee resorted to petty minded tactics against Indian players. He badly hurt Dravid during the 4th innings chase in Adelaide 2003. Even Pat Cummins plays the nice guy but I am not convinced. He hits key players with bouncers targeted at the body. 

2 minutes ago, nevada said:

Despite enjoying exalted status in India, doing song Collab with Asha Bhonsle, etc Lee resorted to petty minded tactics against Indian players. He badly hurt Dravid during the 4th innings chase in Adelaide 2003. Even Pat Cummins plays the nice guy but I am not convinced. He hits key players with bouncers targeted at the body. 

Hitting players with bouncers is allowed and always should be allowed. Batsmen should be able to negotiate bouncers or should not be playing the sport.

Beamers on other hand should not allowed, no batsman can anticipate beamers.

Lee's nice guy persona is all sham.

Edited by putrevus
On 10/4/2023 at 9:16 AM, nevada said:

That’s good. Fast bowlers should instill fear in the batters. If you have the pace, bowl body line and make the batsman uncomfortable. Get him out or retired out lol.

And I don’t think Lee bowled beaners on purpose (I don’t care even if he did. As per the rule, you’re out anyways after 2). Beamer usually gets bowled when u lose rhythm and that’s more likely to happen when your over trying (after a boundary).

What he did to Piers Morgan though I.e. intent to cause a body injury was definitely on purpose. But loved that. Quite entertaining. Also, that idiot was making dumb comments so made it extra fun lol

Edited by MK55
17 hours ago, Number said:

You bowl a beamer of speed more than 120 kmph, you should be banned for at least 10 matches and 50 runs awarded to the batting team.

Naah I think the bowler needs to be banned from playing any form of cricket for at least a year. And his entire team should be banned from playing the next World Cup