The importance of SKY

mani sha

1 hour ago, nitinbwj said:

If SKY fires, he will single handedly win it for you. That game when Ind scored 399 against Aus, he scored 70 off 36 and changed a par score of 350 to 400. I hope they play him somewhere. Too good a hitter to miss out everytime

This is going to be controversial to say this, but batting wise, India need X factor batsmen that can win a game, regardless of position or state of the game.

I think HItman is the only one that can do this, SKY the other batting wise. In the bowling, we have Bumrah and Kuldeep that can win matches on their own.

I know Kohli has done well this WC, but to bludgeon a century off say 40 or 50 balls, Kohli cannot do this.

8 hours ago, mani sha said:

No , seen him last games against aussie . Batted beautifully in the v . He is our trump card imo if flat pitches are there . He can get u a 40 ball 100 or even better . Also no weakness against short pitch balling . 

I would even drop Iyer for SKY based on potential.

India need X factors batting wise.

5 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Well Jadeja has scored more runs at better SR in WC.

The match where Jadeja got his runs is where he was run out due to kohli

in the crunch match against england jadeja floundered and sky scored the runs.. against saf both had similar impact - 14 ball 22 and 15 ball 29..but whatever said and done thank god we have jadeja and surya fielding in deep holding those high catches under lights..