Rachin the STAR - Thanks to this site and it's owner

Rajiv

6 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Anil and another lawyer guy. Both were big Sourav Ganguly fans and hated Dravid and GregC.  2007 was the tipping point. There was another lawyer lady who had big fights with all of us and all three were catalysts for us to move here. Dr @Dhondy DMed me about this site. @bossbhai2 @Gambit Shwetabh all were involved then . Fun days.

Before my time, although I have been here since 2012.

8 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Anil and another lawyer guy. Both were big Sourav Ganguly fans and hated Dravid and GregC.  2007 was the tipping point. There was another lawyer lady who had big fights with all of us and all three were catalysts for us to move here. Dr @Dhondy DMed me about this site. @bossbhai2 @Gambit Shwetabh all were involved then . Fun days.

There was another Ganguly specific site called cricketvoice I think... It was fun to troll the bongs :)

PS: Think it started as an offshoot of Prem Panickers match discussion site where he excessively backed Chappell and his snide remarks against Telegraph's Lokendra Pratap Sahi did not help

Edited by diga
2 hours ago, diga said:

There was another Ganguly specific site called cricketvoice I think... It was fun to troll the bongs :)

PS: Think it started as an offshoot of Prem Panickers match discussion site where he excessively backed Chappell and his snide remarks against Telegraph's Lokendra Pratap Sahi did not help

I was also a member there on CricketVoice and joined ICF in 2008.

On 11/4/2023 at 11:49 AM, Rajiv said:
Some here are from old old website which was under sportsnetwork, PakPassion and IndianCricketFever. Going back to 2002-2003

There was fierce rivalry between the two, PaKpassion found its own footing under what is here now. ICF Disintegrated due to the love for Ganguly by the admins who allowed no negative comments against him.

1 of the quiet members RAVI started another Indian cricket forum where you are positng no. Ravi is close friends with Rahul Dravid and a big fan of Sachin

RACHIN is Ravi's son aka RAVIndra and mix of Dravid and Sachin - Rachin.

Pretty much goosebumps for us who have been around for so long, leaving bitterness aside that the sites main owner 's son is playing for a national team an is a STAR

I remember the first glimpse of him as a kid when his video was posted here long time back. Was telling my friend about it when he scored that first century.

On 11/5/2023 at 8:16 PM, coffee_rules said:

I remember all these names from back in the day and Ravi too.  I don't post much here these days.  Nevertheless congratulations Ravi and Rachin.

On 11/5/2023 at 12:16 PM, coffee_rules said:

Gaurang - immigration lawyer from California. He even sent me a classic Gavaskar match to encode digitally. I was always fine on that site, uploaded live wicket gifs and broadcasted games via Yahoo webcam ( with whatever tech we had back in the day ), Anil in his hangover for Ganguly started to bitch about everyone, calling me unemployed loser from Canada etc. I didn't feel angry but more like betrayed but then Ravi was the saviour, the guy has never asked anyone for site costs etc, he is like the most humble person I have known - and good things happen to good people like Rachin.

I am so so happy for him, we should all celebrate, the guy is a STAR now

On 11/6/2023 at 1:46 AM, coffee_rules said:

Is that @Mariyam?

Funny listening to all of you guys.. now correct me if I'm wrong but whenever any question is asked to Rachin about Indian heritage, he seems to scoff on the idea almost hates it and keeps on insisting that he is a KIWI which he is. I mean sure... Praise him as he is a wonderful player but pleasseeee....I wish for all his success aginst other teams.. Here's to wishing him a grand anda against us in SF and 100 runs if he bowls 10 overs... Cheers!!!! 

4 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

Funny listening to all of you guys.. now correct me if I'm wrong but whenever any question is asked to Rachin about Indian heritage, he seems to scoff on the idea almost hates it and keeps on insisting that he is a KIWI which he is. I mean sure... Praise him as he is a wonderful player but pleasseeee....I wish for all his success aginst other teams.. Here's to wishing him a grand anda against us in SF and 100 runs if he bowls 10 overs... Cheers!!!! 

More than his India connection, we are happy for of his ICF connection (son of the owner) , plus he is a delightful looking player. 

Wait, wait, wait just a goddamn second.

That Rachin’s father is this site’s owner.

That as an ICF member I am a self -proclaimed cricketing savant and guru.  As are you all.

That therefore there  is a finite, non zero probability that Rachin’s father has heard naturally sage cricket advice I may have given on the art of batting and passed it on to his son. 

Therefore it can be said that I am practically Rachin’s coach.

As are you all, actually. 

I’m putting this on my cv, lads and lasses.  Someone send me Jay Shah’s number, I’m applying for a coaching role with the Indian team…

Edit - Pakistan team is a sure shot, definitely.

Edited by NameGoesHere