What is wrong with this IPL

Singh bling

A flat pitch is a flat pitch. There's nothing called super flat pitch. IPL have always had flat pitches and grounds always have been small. Batsmen are now playing more with freedom and intent (partly assisted by "impact" rule). Bowling has been poor; hardly seen any yorkers in this season. 

Impact rule adding 20-30 extra runs every match

More intent being shown in the power play by players like Head, Abhishek, Salt and Narine.

Very poor fielding. A lot of dolly catches dropped and misfields.

Piss poor bowling and horrendous umpiring 

12 minutes ago, Jamadagni said:

A flat pitch is a flat pitch. There's nothing called super flat pitch. IPL have always had flat pitches and grounds always have been small. Batsmen are now playing more with freedom and intent (partly assisted by "impact" rule). Bowling has been poor; hardly seen any yorkers in this season. 

Yup the key points right there. 

1 hour ago, Singh bling said:

So many teams scoring above 250 nearing 300 . Is it ground size or pitches?

this is the worst ever IPL ..

one or two 200+ scores in a week is fine , 200+ everyday is gettign tiresome 

also need to kill the impact player rule asap

Impact rule is helping batting, sheer power of batters and T20 batsmanship has gone up, we saw that in ODI WC too 400s being scored against a test side.

Teams will take time to figure out the bowling templates and strategy to counter for Impact player. Too many slower ones are also not helping , batters are too good and ready for those.

Having a good PP is also helping team set-up to 200s, 60+ runs PP is already setting up batting side to 200 total, unless there is a mess in the middle, 2/3 tier Ind batter have contributed to high scoring as well, previously no-one expected them to good hitters they still lack t20 newer shots and power but there are few 2/3 tier batter like Sushank, Ashutosh, Abhishek, Dube , Parag etc are not wasting much deliveries before they start hitting. Looks like only Ind superstarts are lacking the force and Intent.

And then add around big hitter McGurk, Head, Klaasen,Salt etc.  The Par or Sub-par are being scored only when Ind superstarts eats-up most of the balls and then and thing ~200 is easy chase for most of the team.

Edited by tapandrun

15 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Batsmen are throwing caution to the wind. They are maximizing PP. The result is what you see. 

Yes,these taglines are marketed by tuktuki masters' slaves who think playing cautiously and not giving away their wickets(which is their fraud reason)even on flattest of beds,so that they can build on 60-80 ball hundreds for this stats craving fandom

You have to maximize it according to conditions,if par score is 160on a surface batsmen try to target atleast 180or more

Barring ours who don't have the ability to hit currently and loose the momentum midway and settle par/below par then blame it on bowlers(which have are mostly dud selections in the first place )and throw newcomers under the bus

This is the prime doctrine of Indian TM

On 4/27/2024 at 12:16 AM, express bowling said:

Losing all interest in this IPL.

These are becoming like exhibition matches where even pedestrian batters hit 6s for fun. 

I didn't know there is a thread here already. I created another one. I was wondering how someone like Piyush Chawla hit sixes within a few balls. I got a response that he is powerful. I was like ok :laugh: