Pintu Parcha - India's NO.1 6 hitter.

narenpande1

So what I learned about tennis ball competitive cricket:

1. Batsman seem to deliberately stay 1/2 wickets off the offstump, or even further off.  While this looks odd at firts, this stance gives batsmen the best position to swivel and smash legside boundaries.

2. Most big scoring shots are on the leg. Hardly anyone seems to play 'powerful' offside strokes.  I'm guessing most of these batsmen have strong bottom hand grips. 

3. You can't really bowl fast.  This is the probable reason no one seemed to be able to exploit the batsmen leaving their wickets wide open.

Edit:

I may come across as a snob, but based on what I'm seeing of the players and the crowds, they seem from a certain socio economic class.  I think it's great that they have created their version of cricketing entertainment, and even taken their cricket to a competitive level where they can enjoy, and some people can earn money.  I won't be making fun, certainly.

If they don't have the money to get proper gear, or other facilities, they're doing the best they can.  I think it's very cool, even impressive.

Edited by NameGoesHere
9 hours ago, CoverDrive said:

This is my favorite thread on ICF. very soon ICF will be arguing whether VIjay Pawale is a trundler or not. He had Pintu Parcha in all sorts of trouble with short pitch balls. LOL he even asked if Pintu was ok after being hit by a Tennis ball

Pace like fire!!!

आग सारखी तेज!

!

By the way guys (totally random, unrelated point), it's interesting to note how all of us see what our experience positions us to see.

For example, many folks here see the videos and see a game of cricket. 

I'm seeing a game but I'm also seeing politics in action.  Note the Shiv Sena/ Thackeray ads at the beginning of some of these videos.  Organising cricket tournaments, even giving cricket kits and prizes, is a very common feature for political parties and leaders at the grassroots levels. It keeps the party/ leader's name alive, while obligating local youth.

I found it interesting that most of these games seem to be variations on that theme.

On 2/20/2018 at 6:02 AM, Cricketics said:

Like I said, the bats used by most tennis  players are extremely light and also 90% of the time those same bat won’t work with the hard ball as they do not have enough grains and stroke in them and will break easily if used with a hard ball.

So guys like Pintu Parcha will have to get used to a hard ball bat. Now of course you can search for a really light size hard ball bat so it doesn’t feel totally new to a tennis ball player but again it will still feel heavier than a regular tennis ball bat and swinging that won’t be as easier when facing a hard ball.

i used to use heavy bat with tennis ball.