Kohli: "Australian cricketers will never be my friends again" and now clarifies his stance through twitter

Yeah this is not on and not smart from Kohli. he is basically taking away the limelight from team's amazing win to this silly personal feud he has. 

I thought he had overcome this habit of just having the last word at all costs. I thought his comments at the end of Bangalore tests were smart and maybe designed to put aussies on backfoot. but looks like he just likes a fight. 

7 minutes ago, flat_wicket_bully said:

After watching that entire PC, he didnt sat anything like that. He just said that his perception has changed. Indian media :facepalm:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/australia-in-india/australian-cricketers-are-no-longer-friends-says-virat-kohli/articleshow/57870332.cms

Question: At the end of the rubber, which India won 2-1, an Australian scribe asked if Kohli still considered Smith's men his friends off the field as he had said at the start of the series, the skipper gave a no holds barred answer.

Answer: "No, it has changed for sure. I thought that was the case but it has changed for sure. As I said in the heat of the battle, you want to be competitive but yeah I have been proven wrong.

"The thing I said before the first Test, I have certainly been proven wrong and you won't hear me say that ever again," Kohli said.

In the end, all buzz over nothing. 

Edited by coffee_rules

Kohli has wrecked the convicts mentally. I can't wait for the next series. Hes bound to encounter enough racists twats there... Its gonna be entertaining as shitt. And ofcourse, by then Kohli's networth will be more than entire Cricket Australia Combined. Could you imagine the convict brigade trying to get under the skin of someone that can literally buy the entire cricketing body of your country? Gonna be lolworthy scenes. 

More importantly, Kohli will give cover to rest of the team that can go about their routine in peace. A true Dark Knight. 

Edited by surajmal
2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/australia-in-india/australian-cricketers-are-no-longer-friends-says-virat-kohli/articleshow/57870332.cms

Question: At the end of the rubber, which India won 2-1, an Australian scribe asked if Kohli still considered Smith's men his friends off the field as he had said at the start of the series, the skipper gave a no holds barred answer.

Answer: "No, it has changed for sure. I thought that was the case but it has changed for sure. As I said in the heat of the battle, you want to be competitive but yeah I have been proven wrong.

"The thing I said before the first Test, I have certainly been proven wrong and you won't hear me say that ever again," Kohli said.

In the end, all buzz over nothing. 

you expect such melt downs from ICF.

The guy said what he said with a context, and when he was spoken about.

some in ICF act like juveniles in lapping up what ever controversy that our darling press creates for site hits.

19 minutes ago, surajmal said:

Kohli has wrecked the convicts mentally. I can't wait for the next series. Hes bound to encounter enough racists twats there... Its gonna be entertaining as shitt. And ofcourse, by then Kohli's networth will be more than entire Cricket Australia Combined. Could you imagine the convict brigade trying to get under the skin of someone that can literally buy the entire cricketing body of your country? Gonna be lolworthy scenes. 

More importantly, Kohli will give cover to rest of the team that can go about their routine in peace. A true Dark Knight. 

epic way to look at it, it will be glorious if he can find his form again throwing caution in the garbage can and being himself.

5 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

No, their faces at the end of D3 and D4 is revenge enough.  I think Indians are too sensitive or have bloated image of oneself to care about such banter and take it personally. It is like ragging in college, where the seniors become friends after being so mean . 

some people do not become friends with those who rag them, its a matter of choice. I had many class mates who did not laugh or took it in right spirits when they got ragged, never got the benefit of the interaction later on when i used to get substantial notes and help etc, guess they felt humiliated and wanted to hurt them back, i used to chide the seniors a lot after we became friends but some guys just held a grudge and did not speak.

Nothing wrong with what he said.  The way Virat was targeted and demonized by Aussie media, their ex-players and even their current ones was scumbaggery.  Not surprising though.  

I mean, VK is no angel, but the perception that Australian cricket fans have of him now is as if he's a mean-spirited evil guy - which is simply not the case.   Simply put, he has been demonized.  And that's inaccurate and unfortunate.  He's actually one of the nicer players on the cricket circuit - Always ready to interact with the likes of Hameed etc - To take his competitiveness and portray it as it has been, is one of the poor outcomes of this otherwise memorable series.  

16 minutes ago, goose said:

To be fair he did applaud their cricket. He just retracting the statement they are good friends. It's very Kohli. 

WTF is BCCI doing putting a sleging clip of Jadeja swearing to Wade on their website?

the bcci site admin is clearly having a mandate to improve site visits. pretty third rate.

Just now, sandeep said:

Nothing wrong with what he said.  The way Virat was targeted and demonized by Aussie media, their ex-players and even their current ones was scumbaggery.  Not surprising though.  

I mean, VK is no angel, but the perception that Australian cricket fans have of him now is as if he's a mean-spirited evil guy - which is simply not the case.   Simply put, he has been demonized.  And that's inaccurate and unfortunate.  He's actually one of the nicer players on the cricket circuit - Always ready to interact with the likes of Hameed etc - To take his competitiveness and portray it as it has been, is one of the poor outcomes of this otherwise memorable series.  

might sound cliche, but i have lost some respect for the Australian people on this account. its been pathetic the articles i can understand, the comments leaves one wondering, very unfortunate.