Bhuvi as 3rd seamer in SA Tests

fineleg

46 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Exactly

Shami and Pandya will add a lot more teeth to our attack too .... along with Umesh and Bhuvi

yeah bhuvi can now extract not only swing but bounce and seam from the deck as well if available.
on green mamba he can be our best bowler.
he can match philander ball to ball there.
shami umesh bhuvi pandya will be excellent attack in SA.

shami vs morkel
umesh vs rabada
bhuvi vs philander
pandya vs morris 

exciting....

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

Absolutely world class bowling. If these bowlers were troubling Aussie batsmen at home, they can terrify South Africans in their own den!

Calling this bowling world class is thorough exaggeration. Only Shami is world class.

4 hours ago, Pollack said:

Calling this bowling world class is thorough exaggeration. Only Shami is world class.

I feel most of us Indians are just too apologetic, culturally. We are scared to admit we could be better, and even if we know we are better, we are scared to speak in public for fear of being ridiculed. It was the same case with Srinath, he never knew he was fast ( As I read in Dravid's interview ). 

Although I was speaking about the particular match and the particular spell, I really think these bowlers are class. There isn't much to separate between them and South African and Australian bowling. The difference is very little. It isn't what it used to be 20 years ago. 

If you find it tough to believe, I won't say anything but I will hold on to my belief.

On 8/28/2017 at 7:30 PM, Rightarmfast said:

Although I was speaking about the particular match and the particular spell, I really think these bowlers are class. There isn't much to separate between them and South African and Australian bowling. The difference is very little. It isn't what it used to be 20 years ago. 

We defeated Australia on a seaming,  bouncy and fast track in Dharamsala in 2017.   We defeated NZ on an up and down green, seaming track in Kolkata in 2016.   Our fast bowlers actually out-bowled their seamers in those tests.   Shami and Bhuvi in Kolkata and Umesh and Bhuvi in Dharamsala...... so, you are right.

The 3  biggest issues that existed with Indian fast bowlers earlier

--  We did not have a fast bowling culture which leads to competition, hard work, wanting to be good pacers, wanting to bowl fast and bowling with effort, learning from peers etc.  ...... we have it nowadays.

--  We did not have a group of pacers with experience and pace,   bowling as a group ( it was either too many rookies or too many medium pacers )  ..... we have it now.

-- We did not have the self-belief to bowl quick for multiple years ...... we have it now.

There is a lot to look forward to.

Edited by express bowling
On 8/25/2017 at 12:08 PM, express bowling said:

I  really want to .... but how  ?

Ashwin is needed as the No.6 batter

There is a way to do this. Just drop Ashwin (since he isn't good enough at 6 as a batsman alone). Move Pandya to 6 (like he did against Aus A in Oz), Saha at 7, Bhuvi at 8 and Kuldeep at 9. I don't think Ashwin can get wickets in SA... he is not a left-arm bowler like Shakib and Herath (who are more successful).

4 minutes ago, Vijy said:

There is a way to do this. Just drop Ashwin (since he isn't good enough at 6 as a batsman alone). Move Pandya to 6 (like he did against Aus A in Oz), Saha at 7, Bhuvi at 8 and Kuldeep at 9. I don't think Ashwin can get wickets in SA... he is not a left-arm bowler like Shakib and Herath (who are more successful).

Bhaisaab kitne threads bump karoge. Rehem karo :bebored:

On 28/08/2017 at 5:02 AM, SUMO said:

yeah bhuvi can now extract not only swing but bounce and seam from the deck as well if available.
on green mamba he can be our best bowler.
he can match philander ball to ball there.
shami umesh bhuvi pandya will be excellent attack in SA.

shami vs morkel
umesh vs rabada
bhuvi vs philander
pandya vs morris 

exciting....

I think Ishant will be in mix unfortunately otherwise the above card is evenly matched provided Umesh does not spray and sticks to his game plan which he does in tests. Pandya is an other one not sure if he is having the variety needed in tests bowls short and back of length often and picks wickets of attacking shots across. Shami Bhuvi can outbowl morkel philander in certain match situations. Umesh Rabada equitable. Umesh is more experienced and can bowl unplayable deliveries even on bad days.

Bhuvi is on top of his game and certainly has raised it one level, he is not a one trick pony anymore and can seam, swing and get bounce as well, has control and can plan the batter out, the problem with Shami, Umesh, BK we will have three pacers who are similar , if we are looking at an attack then a left Armer or a taller bowler would help but then three best bowlers they certainly are.

On 8/25/2017 at 8:50 AM, fineleg said:

If fit, I'd vote for Bhuvi as 3rd seamer for SA Tests.

Not many here may like him in Tests (ODIs sure choice), but I think for SA Tests go with Bhuvi as 3rd seamer.

Shami + Umesh(or another as 2nd)

Maybe if needed Hardik as 4th seamer.

Bumrah should be our third Seemer along with Umesh and Shammi in africa. 

BHuvi wont be the third seamer..he generates pace only with the new ball , his pace drops in the second and third spell and in tests shammi umesh and bumrah and may be ishant could also be ahead of bhuvi. 

earlier bhuvi had swinging skills , now he is fast and swing in first spell and accurate yorkers in second spells..all this suits ODI not tests. i dont think bhuvi should goto africa for tests.

as all of us know that umesh is not good in odi similarly bhuvi is not good in tests.

18 hours ago, renjith said:

Bumrah can be too hot to handle on those seaming bouncy pitches.

It is very likely that Shami may not be able to stay 100% fit for all the games - I think Bumrah should be his replacement instead of Ishant in that scenario.   But Bumrah has to make it to the test squad for that to happen.    Somehow, I get the feeling that the Indian team has decided to preserve him for white-ball cricket.  Given that he's so good in that format, and his unusual action, they might be thinking that the excess workload of test match bowling might burn him out.