Is this start of new trend for Indian cricket team? New low of favoritism.

Hard to recall when was the last time 2 young batsmen averaging 45-46 were dropped.

There have been cases favoritism in case of fringe players, but best ones are generally considered untouchables.

First Pujara dropped for slow batting a year back and now Rahul and Rahane.

Rahane in poor form, but proven performer.

Rahul in form and proven performer.

30 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

When we have fans who show favouritism to one batsmen and a single state's IPL performance above the interests of the country...then its clear the era of favouritism is already in full swing 

Wow, fans favouritism and Indian team selection is same? :phehe:

For fans it is entertainment, but for cricketers it is their profession. Also, as a captain you have added responsibility as you can make or break careers, so need to play deserving players.

The fans love it. This is called as some sort of "Aggression". Kohli is just pandering to what his fans want. Even Manju, Harsha, etc were all GAGA over the team announcement.

Harsha Bhogle after Toss - "In my career as analyst for decades, I have never seen such Bold selection by a captain in the first match of an away series." 

Manju was full charged up and happy after toss - "I am so happy to see this selection. This is new generation cricket. Even if someone is dropped they are earning so much money that they do not feel anything bad about it."  wtf lol

This is all going as per set plan. These are game-changing aggressive moves. The players dropped are on bench for their own good. It will create competition in the team. 

1 hour ago, Shunya said:

The fans love it. This is called as some sort of "Aggression". Kohli is just pandering to what his fans want. Even Manju, Harsha, etc were all GAGA over the team announcement.

Harsha Bhogle after Toss - "In my career as analyst for decades, I have never seen such Bold selection by a captain in the first match of an away series." 

Manju was full charged up and happy after toss - "I am so happy to see this selection. This is new generation cricket. Even if someone is dropped they are earning so much money that they do not feel anything bad about it."  wtf lol

This is all going as per set plan. These are game-changing aggressive moves. The players dropped are on bench for their own good. It will create competition in the team. 

What a loser this manjrekar is.