Sending Shankar over DK

I would have liked this move if it was earlier in the tournament where things could be tried

You don’t try these silly moves in the final of a series. If you want to give chance, give them earlier in the tournament so we have chance to bounce back if youngsters fail.

Final game is not to give chance. We almost got naginned. 

Bad captaincy.

21 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I would have liked this move if it was earlier in the tournament where things could be tried

You don’t try these silly moves in the final of a series. If you want to give chance, give them earlier in the tournament so we have chance to bounce back if youngsters fail.

Bad captaincy.

Correctly said. Finals is not for experimentation. You go with the best.

1 minute ago, Khota said:

DK should have been third down. Could have easily lost the game due to this dumb decision.

we dont know how that would have panned out ? its easy to critisize now , but am with Rohit on this one . VJ was supposed to be the big hitter and ideally should have helped in keeping rrr under control , but it dint work ..am happy for a change they are trying these things . 

With Pandey struggling...It was a good decision...the idea was if Shankar got even 15(8) kind of knock that would have made it easy for Karthik to use his experience and finish it off smoothly ...Had we lost Karthik at that stage it would have been curtains.Shankar started of well too hitting a 4 in his 2nd ball but had know clue against Fizz. 

Rohit has won this tournament with his captaincy :hatsoff: 

6 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

we dont know how that would have panned out ? its easy to critisize now , but am with Rohit on this one . VJ was supposed to be the big hitter and ideally should have helped in keeping rrr under control , but it dint work ..am happy for a change they are trying these things . 

I am all for trying new things but this was not the place. DK was a known good product. Others not so much. This would not even be close if DK went 3rd down.

30 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Bad captaincy.

was it shastri'sdecision or rohit's.

5 minutes ago, Khota said:

I am all for trying new things but this was not the place. DK was a known good product. Others not so much. This would not even be close if DK went 3rd down.

There is no way we would have won if DK had played a similar knock early and got out leaving VJ/Sundar to finish off lets say only ~20 of last 2 . There wasnt much experience down the order , so it wasnt such a bad call imo .

27 minutes ago, sandeep said:

:hysterical:

thank god we missed to watch the Nagin dance, i am sure most of the bangla players would have done the NAGIN Dance.

it was good of Karthik to restore parity and ensure Bangladesh realise that even a INDIA A or even INDIA B team would be better than Bangladesh full team.

it was kinda Proved that with at least 7 players not playing kuldeep,kohli,msd bhuvi bumrah shammi jadeja , still we won.

even when raina mis fired.

Just now, jusarrived said:

There is no way we would have won if DK had played a similar knock early and got out leaving VJ/Sundar to finish off lets say only ~20 of last 2 . There wasnt much experience down the order , so it wasnt such a bad call imo .

had DK come earlier, we would not have reached such a stage and finished the game in 19th or 18th over.

Just now, vishalvirsingh said:

had DK come earlier, we would not have reached such a stage and finished the game in 19th or 18th over.

if you a have a Batsman in such a good form in Nets and as soon as he came he was CONfident of winning the game, actually if shankar would have got the single of first ball , he would have won the game even earlier...he was hitting very very well..more so he was so confident that he hit the last ball for a 6 and not a 4.

I think it was a blessing in disguise. This is a pointless tournament where we did not expirement much and rohits move seperated the boys from the men. 

DK stood out and poor Vijay shankar got slaughtered. I hope he is mentally tough as Broad to come out of this shocker.

DK is now the clear number 4th. KL Rahul with his loose shots and lack of match situation will get discarded . I believe Kohli looks for attitude and Rahul is definitely not there.

I think it was telling when Karthik said it is competitive and you have to grab any open chances. DK shone through in technique, match pressure and runs. will be number 4 over manish pandey purely for the pressure batting that he did today.

Raina is number six in ODIs.

Vijay shankar will need to put mammoth numbers in domestic to get a look in again . got undone in the most important match. i dont wnat to give up on him as we need a big hitting batsman who can bowl few overs. he looks built like a tank but sadly the shots were not there. lets see what he does this IPL to get up his confidence.

i support Rohit's move even if we had lost. Got to know true potential of DK.