Which current Indian batsman has the best batting technique??

Which current Indian batsman has the best batting technique??  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which current Indian batsman has the best batting technique??

Vijay comfortably wins this one. His shot selection, fading reflexes and concentration lapses have pulled him down, never his technique.

Rahane->spin LOL...neither goes completely forward, nor back....opposite of SRT in using depth of crease

Rahul->jabs at the ball outside off

Kohli->outside off weakness...white ball strength his weakness here, poor when ball spins big

Che->susceptible to the in dipper, no decisive footwork against pace, poor against short pitch stuff

Rohit and Dhawan shoudln't even be in the poll. Our bowlers like Bhuvi, Ashwin and Ishant have better technique than those 2. Dhoni had his own unorthodox technique which helped him alright...more effective than Dhawan/Rohit but I 'll stop right there.

15 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Vijay comfortably wins this one. His shot selection, fading reflexes and concentration lapses have pulled him down, never his technique.

Rahane->spin LOL...neither goes completely forward, nor back....opposite of SRT in using depth of crease

Rahul->jabs at the ball outside off

Kohli->outside off weakness...white ball strength his weakness here, poor when ball spins big

Che->susceptible to the in dipper, no decisive footwork against pace, poor against short pitch stuff

Rohit and Dhawan shoudln't even be in the poll. Our bowlers like Bhuvi, Ashwin and Ishant have better technique than those 2. Dhoni had his own unorthodox technique which helped him alright...more effective than Dhawan/Rohit but I 'll stop right there.

I mentioned you first and then saw you already posted lol.. Wanted your views since you are keen test match fan

25 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

Not belittling Rahul here, but he has a lot to prove in tests before being described as the one with the best technique.

He doesn't, also technique has little to do with results since batting position determines that for you. Case in point Aus tour of India, Rahul scored 6 or 7 fifties, each time facing hostile spells from Starc, Hazlewood and Cummins. While in the end the likes of Pujara were hailed as saviors, it was Rahul who's the true wall between India's brittle middle order and an in form pace bowling attack from Aus.

Since then his returms have been modest, but you'll rarely find him out of form, but more importantly out of depth.

Edited by R!TTER

No perfectly all round batsman as such in the team yet:

Kohli: ATG against pace and bounce, ok against spin and bad against lateral movement.

Rahane: Easily the best batsman against lateral movement in the team also a top player against pace. Becomes Hahane against spin.

Pujara: Best batsman on square turners and the best player of spin in the world along with Steve Smith. Very vulnerable to pacy greentops and swing/seam.

33 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

He doesn't, also technique has little to do with results since batting position determines that for you. Case in point Aus tour of India, Rahul scored 6 or 7 fifties, each time facing hostile spells from Starc, Hazlewood and Cummins. While in the end the likes of Pujara were hailed as saviors, it was Rahul who's the true wall between India's brittle middle order and an in form pace bowling attack from Aus.

Since then his returms have been modest, but you'll rarely find him out of form, but more importantly out of depth.

Rahul was exceptional but don't belittle others. Che was a savior in Chinnaswamy, that 92 and partnership with Rahane was what prevented us from going down 0-2. Did you watch that passage of play? In case you did you wouldn't begrudge the enormous respect posters here have for Che on Indian pitches. That 92 was worth more than a few 200s !!!

6 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Rahul was exceptional but don't belittle others. Che was a savior in Chinnaswamy, that 92 and partnership with Rahane was what prevented us from going down 0-2. Did you watch that passage of play? In case you did you wouldn't begrudge the enormous respect posters here have for Che on Indian pitches. That 92 was worth more than a few 200s !!!

Puajara had 2 good innings that series. Rahul at least 6, including the last innings at Dharamshala when "Che" got out for a duck. Besides that I'm not belittling others as much as putting into perspective the impact Rahul had, if it weren't for his 90 odd and 50 in the second innings, we would've lost the series in the 2nd test itself.

Edited by R!TTER
14 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Puajara had 2 good innings that series. Rahul at least 6, including the last innings at Dharamshala when "Che" got out for a duck. Besides that I'm not belittling others as much as putting into perspective the impact Rahul had, if it weren't for his 90 odd and 50 in the second innings, we would've lost the series in the 2nd test itself.

I am very much on record here saying that Rahul's show in that Aus series was one of the greatest performances by any Indian batsman...also believe that his twin 50s in Bengaluru was the greatest Indian batting exhibit in a single test since Laxman's Durban (2010) masterclass. However that series had many saviors who stepped up at various points of time to help us win the trophy. Same test we are talking about featured that nerve wracking Che-Jinx partnership and a match winning 6fer by Ashwin who was carrying an injury. Not just that Jaddu got a 6fer in Aus 1st innings and Saha scored a vital cameo and took some spectacular catches that ordinary keepers won't even attempt. 

4 hours ago, speedheat said:

Rahul is an opener, kohli isn't, opening is tough job considering fact that new ball does swing and seams more so its obvious batsman with better technique will face  tough conditions first, Rahul has good defence shot even though he had been bowled with % you mentioned I don't think he had flaws in his technique there may be other factors like he must have been nervous

A  tough track will always test a good technique, that pune track for the first test vs aus. Was one of the toughest track I have ever seen and Rahul outmatched kohli there.

New ball in subcontinent is the easiest place to bat, and we all saw how well Rahul fared when faced against new ball against quality bowlers on seaming tracks in SA. We all know who was the best batsmen from both sides in that series.

The one quality I like about Kohli is when in form he will carry his team on his back. Any batsman can go thru rough patches , what counts is when they are in form what they do with it.

Rahul and Kohli don't belong in the same sentence.One is ATG in all formats and other is not even good player yet.

Edited by putrevus
5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Rohit dhawan better technique then vijay and even pujara. Pujara atleast is a bradman in subcontinent ....un dono ke to waha bhi than than gopal the

Last I heard that was about Manjrekar. Anytime the word technique is used I throw up.