Is this best opening day India had overseas in last 20 years?

31 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

285 and assuming the DK drop will cost another 15-20 runs, 300 is a big score for Eng bowling and India batting . Everyone is a walking wicket on the Indian side, they will all go aggressive and nobody to bat around now that Pujara is dropped.

285 - they will be out for pretty much the same score or may be ad 5 runs. under 300 is a good effrot, India will bat once and score 450 +  its going to be very difficult for Eng to bat in this pitch day 4-5 against Ashwin and reversing Shami.

12 minutes ago, Vilander said:

285 - they will be out for pretty much the same score or may be ad 5 runs. under 300 is a good effrot, India will bat once and score 450 +  its going to be very difficult for Eng to bat in this pitch day 4-5 against Ashwin and reversing Shami.

I wudnt be very confident on us scoring 450, two early wickets we will most likely concede a lead. Just don't know what to expect from this pinup. Rahane is the only one I trust completely. 

Just now, jusarrived said:

I wudnt be very confident on us scoring 450, two early wickets we will most likely concede a lead. Just don't know what to expect from this pinup. Rahane is the only one I trust completely. 

old ball swung i dont think its going to be a great problem..first 1-2 hrs yes we need Vijay at his best and then as it dries out i think Rahul,Kohli,Rahane and Dk can score and pile on the misery we have Pandya and Ashwin as well its a long batting linup no Bhuvi but yes it looks good...they will take a nice lead. But hey its a test match one ball is all it take to change the course..

1 hour ago, UnknownGenius said:

^^^ another reason why Ashwin is the greatest Indian test cricketer. Others had support. Like Zak kble bhajji etc

Ashwin is sole Rider. Has garbage around him - Umesh pandya and ishant will not make any other international team B team let alone first team

His wickets today we're 3 match winners and one guy broad who can score a quick 50 

Do you get paid or something when you say "Ashwin the greatest Indian cricketer" ?:giggle:

I have read this over 100 times already in just last 2 days.

285 and assuming the DK drop will cost another 15-20 runs, 300 is a big score for Eng bowling and India batting . Everyone is a walking wicket on the Indian side, they will all go aggressive and nobody to bat around now that Pujara is dropped.

This is the sad reality. Given our history we will be 60-70 runs behind in first innings. We have already lost this test. I really hope we see a strong batting display tomorrow.