Dhoni is a shadow of his former self as a batsman - drop him or keep him?

Dil Dil India

Does Dhoni's keeping/input/experience/intangibles make up for his (lack of) batting?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Does Dhoni make up with his keeping and intangibles for his batting?

• Yes
    • No
    • Difficult to say, but too close to the WC to drop him

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/20/2018 at 09:52 PM

I doubt they will drop him. There is a reason the team wants him. He is doing proxy captaincy. So both Kohli and Rohit will want him around.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/24717556/run-bowl-worry-being-hit

This is excerpts from Chahal's interview.

What is MS Dhoni's role in plotting these dismissals? He's very vocal on the stump mic.
When Kuldeep and I bowl, he tells us very early how the wicket is behaving. He also tells us what the batsman is trying to do. So that kind of gives you an idea even before you bowl, instead of me finding out after bowling two or three overs. He's been captain, he's played for so many years and has a wealth of experience. He watches the batsmen closely. He's a batsman too, and knows what it is to play on such surfaces. Sometimes when I have a plan that is different to what he thinks, we discuss it. It's not like he rejects our plan. Then we formulate a plan B.

52 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I doubt they will drop him. There is a reason the team wants him. He is doing proxy captaincy. So both Kohli and Rohit will want him around.

What is MS Dhoni's role in plotting these dismissals? He's very vocal on the stump mic.
When Kuldeep and I bowl, he tells us very early how the wicket is behaving. He also tells us what the batsman is trying to do. So that kind of gives you an idea even before you bowl, instead of me finding out after bowling two or three overs. He's been captain, he's played for so many years and has a wealth of experience. He watches the batsmen closely. He's a batsman too, and knows what it is to play on such surfaces. Sometimes when I have a plan that is different to what he thinks, we discuss it. It's not like he rejects our plan. Then we formulate a plan B.

Is dhoni paying kulcha to say all this ..:p:

Edited by beetle
1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

He forgot to say he is a batsman on decline too, so, he will only think keeping his batting in mind about he is batting, thinking opposition batsmen will also be batting like him too, but no they won't be batting like him.

He wnt be dropped easily, specially when half team is in awww of Mahi bhai

Kohli ka adha kaam wo krta

Ab to shastri ka bhi coaching ka adha kaam krne laga hai

Its better to look for way to improve his game, drop to nhin hone wala ........ hahakar much jayega public men

Yesterday was a chance to sent him up and ask him to go play aggressively, rayudu aur dk ko mil gyi na practice pehle match

Now the day dhoni will get batting we ll b under pressure, wkts falling on other end . He already looks under self doubts .....he ll go in his shell 

What ever his form has been for last 4 - 5 years is other part but we need to appreciate how during at his peak he batted at #6 and sometimes at #7 and still won many matches (He could have easily batted at #4 or #5). These type of players we will get rarely. He used to bat better than top order batsman and his wicket keeping was another level in his peak. It's sad that he is no more same. He will have to find way to survive in xi till worldcup and maybe come little up do more with wicket keeping atleast cause he has been poor wicket keeper in last 1 - 2 years.

4 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Matlab ye tips na miley to India k liya jitna muskil ho jayega.....I don't know how other team bowler perfoems coz they don't have dhoni in their team. And how do we measure how much that contribute to Indian victory .