MSK Prasad gives reasons behind selecting Rohit Sharma, Murali Vijay, and Parthiv Patel

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/msk-prasad-gives-reasons-behind-selecting-rohit-sharma-murali-vijay-and-parthiv-patel/story-Z0CJAo8bOZ4F4DEinitnuN.html

“With regards to Rohit, he is a good back-foot player and we felt his game is much suited in Australia,” chief selector MSK Prasad said.

“Vijay went back, showed the intent and performed and considering the intensity of the series we have brought him,” Prasad added.

“The advantage with Parthiv is that he is a left-hander and can bat anywhere and when the team demanded he opened the innings with a fractured hand in South Africa. He was not picked for Afghanistan Test and subsequent England series. He played the Duleep Trophy and whatever matches that happened, he batted well. It’s an intensive series (in Australia) and we have called him back,” the chairman assessed.

2 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

So what is he going to be fed with :phehe:?

Full outside off, make him chase those balls outside off

he doesnt have to much patience and his feet doesnt move much......

or in SA he went with pre decided mindeset he is going to keep leaving balls outside off, but forgot about the ball coming back in

So both ways he ll be screwed, infct lyon will trouble him to. I think he got he out last time to few times

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

They won't feed rohit short balls

exactly thats what I wanted to tell Selectors that ENOUGH Chances have been provided to Rohit in Tests and he has not faired well.

Hanuma VIHARI is in top form, he and mayank can be played , mayank aggarwal would do better than rahane and rohit in australia. 

Mayank and hanuma have been scoring at will in each and every match in long format.

rahane has struggled and rohit has been a batting monster only in ODI..I doubt whether he would succeed.

28 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

exactly thats what I wanted to tell Selectors that ENOUGH Chances have been provided to Rohit in Tests and he has not faired well.

Hanuma VIHARI is in top form, he and mayank can be played , mayank aggarwal would do better than rahane and rohit in australia. 

Mayank Is not competing with Rahane n rohit 

N easier said then don beating rahane overseas 

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

An opener can bat anywhere in test cricket, not true for a middle order bat.

thats a diff thing can he or can he not

M talking how in terms selectors are thinking now, they are not considering him as middle order option so he is not competing with those guys 

N i doubt selectors n captain has that flexible thinking, if it happens will only be by accident

If Rohit was in their plans for the Australia tour, why was he not picked in the test squad against the WI for getting used to test cricket again  ?
Basically Rohit was given the Test squad spot and captaincy in WI T20 series to stop him from dancing around with Dissident BCCI board members.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk