I was not even 10% of what Shubman gill is when I was 19 - Virat Kohli

test fan

6 hours ago, Vk1 said:

The fact that kohli understood about Gill this late.. that too seeing him in nets.. speaks about how the system is.. so the onus is completely on the selectors while the TM just manages the players who get selected ?

We cant be so sure....

Kohli would have known this boy but never choose to spoke about him..

May be, he is the one who pushed for his inclusion.....We never know

6 hours ago, Vk1 said:

The fact that kohli understood about Gill this late.. that too seeing him in nets.. speaks about how the system is.. so the onus is completely on the selectors while the TM just manages the players who get selected ?

Thanks for the gem icfers keep missing. I guess Kohli flew from England to select Hanuma Vihari in nets after seeing Karun Nair in English nets.

Also, Poor Kohli is left with no alternatives but to choose on yester years failures like DK, Rayudhu. Selectors specifically select players for bench purpose ony

18 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

The thread is up their with most pathetic in terms of repsonses from ICF

Kohli drafts and picks a tennager in to india squad.  Lavishes praise on him bascially saying he better then me.  And gets slaughtered by ICF for not backing him and not giving him a debut to him when he was 9 years old.  This forum has lost it

:hysterical:

On 1/28/2019 at 4:28 PM, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Now if he debuts and does well , he will steal Kohli's thunder and get all those ads.

His Bollywood backing is also firm and the way KKR is promoting him, looks like he is part of the larger SRK branding.

You mean to say before Pant makes a odi debut to pressurize Thala, MSD will most likely select Gill to put Kohli in his place.

3 hours ago, gakgupta said:

We cant be so sure....

Here you can't blame Kohli. I do not think they ever played together even in nets till this tour. VK might have only seen some highlights of some matches at the most of Gill. 

What i heard was in a WI test match recently , Gill was to meet india team on 4th day it seems but the match ended on 3rd day itself perhaps , so just met some support staff and had to return back. i saw that interview of his.

But in nets , they will be checking how  he plays for different kinds of bowling . 

They would have seen how he plays vs players like Shami , Bhuvi , Kulcha . Also he must have been given targets to get say 20 runs in 10-12 balls  etc.

Thats when you judge how the guy can cope up . And fitness and agility could be another thing VK would have checked .

You mean to say before Pant makes a odi debut to pressurize Thala, MSD will most likely select Gill to put Kohli in his place.

Gill is not a competitor for Kohli's spot - rather what Kohli likely fears is that he will steal his fame endorsement wise.
I am not saying this as a fan -but someone who has insights in marketing industry

Cricketers aren't really selling well compared to o actors- Virat might have the most endorsements but his approval rating is lower than Ranbir's

Hardik -Rahul are not also doing as well as you thought - and I don't think they will ever recover from their negative image endorsement wise.

Gill is secretly backed up by Red Chillies who want to make him as their mascot in order to consolidate their fanbase .

lt is rumoured that SRK and Venky mysore have hired top Bollywood marketing gurus like Anirban Blah and Prabhat to brand his career.
Gill really doesn't have the negative image/dislikeability factor that currently plagues Kohli and his gang.
Only downside is he seems to have a bland personality - and time will tell if the initial hype goes straight to his marketing team's head and they go overboard on their duty .

People like Hardik , Pant doesn't threaten Kohli's image -rather they complement it.
But Gill might as well threaten his position - only because of his more solid bollywood backing and good looks (this kind of matters in endorsement world)

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

^ Thanks for media/corporate/fanbase view. My problem with Kohli is, He himself seem to be having too many fights.

RCB kid Sarfaraz: Kohli screwed him.

Kumble: Kohli screwed him

Gambhir: Kohli had a public spat

Rohit and Dhawan: Clearly ignore him

Current Indian team: No one seems to be talking to him

Many Ex-Players: Openly wait for a opportunity to criicise Kohli or wait for him to fail. Else they keep mum/neutral.

Chris Gayle: It was rumored that they werent best of buddies in RCB

Either Kohli is only person correct in the dressing room or he is simply not a person to be around. Some may say that he doesnt need to be nice person as his job is batting and captaincy, but clearly, cricket is a team sport. Team needs to respond to the call.

Edited by mishra
6 minutes ago, mishra said:

^ Thanks for media/corporate/fanbase view. My problem with Kohli is, He himself seem to be having too many fights.

Many Ex-Players: Openly wait for a opportunity to criicise Kohli or wait for him to fail. Else they keep mum/neutral.

Either Kohli is only person correct in the dressing room or he is simply not a person to be around. Some may say that he doesnt need to be nice person as his job is batting and captaincy, but clearly, cricket is a team sport. Team needs to respond to the call.

You can make up that list even longer and continue with your hyperbole.

People said same when Rahul was going well that Kohli is trying to hide him because he is a threat.

I say - how negative and low one can get to think such stuff that some of stature like Kohli would be worried about limelight at this point of his career?

You really are trying to make something out of nothing.

i looked at your points again which you raised and can’t laugh more about him screewing screwing sarfaraz or kumble or where you raised Dhawana and Rohit clearly ifnore him.

I mean where do yiu get this inside information.

It feels people blame media but people themselves want to create more consipiacies than the media.

I know fans like masala but this is absurd. 

8 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

You can make up that list even longer and continue with your hyperbole.

People said same when Rahul was going well that Kohli is trying to hide him because he is a threat.

I say - how negative and low one can get to think such stuff that some of stature like Kohli would be worried about limelight at this point of his career?

You really are trying to make something out of nothing.

i looked at your points again which you raised and can’t laugh more about him screewing screwing sarfaraz or kumble or where you raised Dhawana and Rohit clearly ifnore him.

I mean where do yiu get this inside information.

It feels people blame media but people themselves want to create more consipiacies than the media.

I know fans like masala but this is absurd. 

Facts dont matchup. I can gurantee you wont have such opinion once you watch a complete game. Even better, attend one and see how players take direction from Kohli albeit not take directions from Kohli.

How many times have you seen, players running to Kohli after taking a wicket?

How many times have you seen Kohli Dhwan or Kohli Rohit or Kohli Thala or Kohli-xyz bat talking in middle while batting? Other pairs all over world do.

And offcourse, Things i mentioned, just spend some time and effort, keep open mind, You may find some stuff around those incident.

Its not masala, Loosing CT to lowly Pakistan was is and will remain lowest point. BTW, icfers  supported Yuvi selection on this forum and  went xtra extra miles justifying Pujara exclusion too. I do remember those discussions

35 minutes ago, mishra said:

for what its worth

He is the arguably the best Indian batsman after Sunil Gavaskar. and he made an utter **** Indian bowling attack into a world-beating one literally as a captain. 

16 hours ago, mishra said:

Thanks for the gem icfers keep missing. I guess Kohli flew from England to select Hanuma Vihari in nets after seeing Karun Nair in English nets.

Also, Poor Kohli is left with no alternatives but to choose on yester years failures like DK, Rayudhu. Selectors specifically select players for bench purpose ony

Did you ever hear anyone call Vihari as special..  didn't we hear how imran used to select specials from mohallahs in Pak and they turn out to be greats.. our TM should atleast watch highlights and throw their hat..

16 hours ago, gakgupta said:

We cant be so sure....

I do hope that Kohli and TM have some preferences about the squat that they get. Point is that special talent needs faster grooming.. 

7 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

How did Gill look today?

He was looking good but then he got a 140k short ball right on his helmet from Boult and that shook him up a bit after which he looked uncertain.

Looks like someone who has great temperament and very elegant timer but will have trouble against genuine pace early on from the looks of it. Then again so did Kohli at the start.