Should India play Pakistan in WC now, after the terror attack?

I6MTW

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

guys if this is about the CRPF soldiers bombing. It was a truck driven by a local - we as a country need to take a hard look at out Kashmir policy.

We should have a dialogue with the locals - give them 1-5 rs compensation each and enable them to join pakistan - as that is what they want. 

The policy should start with claimimg rest of kashmir. That part was never a part of Pakistan. I have more respect for BCCI having a tough policy towards PCB than GOI.

Giving too much importance to cricket, are we ? Whether we play them in WC or not has no bearing on their jihadi attitude. Neither does beating them help, nor does losing to them spill a single drop of blood on our side. 

Trying to be a bully in ICC & smashing the PSL & Pak cricket calendar is maybe one bigger step than boycotting. At the end of the day it still reflects our midget mentality. Cricket in my opinion only comes up since we're not able to explore much of a response, which has been true in recent decades and that includes Kargil as well.

YES we should play them in the WC this year, as another poster said play them and hopefully beat them to pulp. Why should we allow them the happiness of getting free points with zero resistance and a chance to win a WC?

If you wanna hurt Pakistan, start with cutting off all bilateral trade, closing the embassies, stopping Bollywood/culture contacts, ending medical visas, lighting up the border, conducting strikes, encouraging insurgency in their country, going after their handlers and sympathizers/assets in Indian territory.....I mean there can be 15 other options before even thinking about a WC group match boycott. OK still wanna boycott, sure go ahead but do that after fulfilling the other options in the priority list. Last thing we want is cheap gimmicks and have to admit cricket has historically been a shining toy that will without fail capture the country's unwavering attention, so more scope for stunts there. Sitting out of that match may make some misguided citizens believe that we have taken a bold stand but Rs 100 crores worth bilateral cross-border trade the same day, Atif Aslam signing a new YRF movie contract, record Indian participation in Karachi Lit Fest and 20 medical visas with free treatment will negate that effort by a huge huge margin all in one day....and the latter nonsense goes on 24x7, 365 times a year.

Rule no 1, never fall for gimmicks. Rule no 2, never give your enemy an easy way out on any platform. Rule no 3, follow the 1st 2 rules without fail. This is a chess game both countries have been playing for a long time, don't give in to short term temptations no matter how inviting the prospect is. Look at my signature: Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory, tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. It's Sun Tzu's wisdom, boycotting a few matches here and there in isolation is tactical decision making, the long term strategy which is yet to be formulated is the complete destruction of Pakistan cricket...where are we on that one?

They are a one sport country, why give them the happiness of getting success there? If you wanna hurt them in cricket, as I said in the other thread eviscerate PSL....we can harm PCB finances on a much grander scale that way rather than a 1 match WC boycott. Let the IPL CEO make a call to ABDV tonight and ask him to end his stay in Dubai immediately else face a ban in this year's IPL edition.....come on doesn't that sound like a better move? And he himself has indirectly admitted that he doesn't like PSL, easy to lure him out making a dent on the league's popularity. Atm an Indian firm is producing and broadcasting PSL (LINK) and we are talking about something else 4 months down the line which will adversely affect our chance to win a Cup that comes once in 4 years !!!! 

Coming to Davis Cup, don't tour Pakistan and request ITF to shift it to a neutral country. If the answer is yes proceed to smash their inferior team there, if no call a PC same day and declare in no uncertain terms that India is pulling out of hosting the Pune 250 event henceforth and that ATP matches are banned from broadcast in India. We don't have much clout in the tennis world but they need our market more than Pak, if they can't oblige a simple request tell them to fukc off. I can live my life without watching another Fed or Nole match live if this is what the ruling tennis body thinks of my country, and this coming from someone who is a bigger tennis fan than cricket. 

Edited by Gollum

I think BCCI  should even threaten to boycott  ICC completely if they do not oblige with our demands. Conduct high profile bliateral series independently   and give them official status. Many top players from abroad  would be lured  into such series and ICC can do nothing about that.After all money speaks. Why indirectly hand over the hard earned money of our ordinary people  to these bloody terrorist nation devils to kill our own soldiers????   

Yet another point is , I would even say that we need to think a bit more deeper  even in hard core communal lines  w.r.t these issues. This is because all the root cause of these problems lies in those 2 books of those semitic religions  whether any body like it or not. I am 100% sure , several people from those 2 cults with in  the nation , even so called spiritual leaders would be smiling with in their inner selves w.r.t what happend to the soldiers. So we need deeper thinking and  uncompromising attitude as a whole moving forward , if such unfortunate events are not to be repeated.