Team India attitude

Vk1

I have a feeling that we are still stuck in the early 2000 kind of cricket. Looks like our selection panel, team management have come to a conclusion that it is better to be cautious than adventurous. It feels like that their thinking is that we can defend the kind of scores that Pakistan scored this week. Is this really possible against good sides? Isn't the overall process of worldcup not about winning those crucial games against big sides? Can we even imagine the scenario of playing a weak team in QF/ Semis like 2003/2015 ( Kenya & BD ) ? 

To top all this, Bangar says that he isn't obsessed with the number of boundaries that we score? what kind of a world is he living in ? Haven't we seen how England and like of West Indies benefitting from regularly hitting those big shots in the middle overs? 

Are they going by the CSK model of winning by spinners? What if the pitches don't become slow  by July ? 

Just looking at the pitches on display, six bowling options are a must. I think most key player for Ind in this WC is Dhoni, because he is link between top 3 and late middle order. If he is not upto the mark, Ind ll struggle big time.

In the middle order, there is a just a reasonable expectation of run a ball, too many dots against spinners is a BIG NO. I hope Dhoni is proactive and has a great swan song :pray:

1 minute ago, nevada said:

The English team went from boring to bold in just a few years and we have done the opposite.  I think the think tank's idea is that the added pressure  of the World Cup will work in their favor. They seem to be hoping that the ultra aggressive teams will some how  self combust while their safe but steady style will get them through.  

I think they are banking on wicket takers in the squad. You can restrict these hitters, just get them out.

Indian brand of cricket is a tale of past,atleast in featherbeds like in England , those strips demand hitting right from start,Rohit tends to go slow,takes time and eventually gets out thereby creating immense pressure on following batsmen to up the tempo,we don't have capable bats in MO to compensate for that courtesy our impotent selectors

Then there looms a threat of Rayudu over us who may puke(our chances may dip further with this biryani threat) anytime in the dressing room 

Pant was needed,but Virushka had other ideas

Our bowling attack will win games but in crunch games or high scoring games we will come undone. Our selectors and management are still not waking up to the changes in ODI cricket format in last few years

To have a chance we will have to be aggressive aa far as running between the wickets and not eat up too many balls initially also I from the pair on crease one has to be aggressive and other batter should play atleast at run a ball.

If 300 to 360 will be a par score we need to lose Dhoni and Kartik and get Pant, Aggarwal or some aggressive option. 

I just have a feeling India and Australia are well suited for this world cup. If a bowler has a field day England will not have any answers.

Our hopes hinges in bumrah shami and kuldeep. Not many teams have the bowling quality that we or Australia have. 

If England bat first , they are at a risk ...

Teams whose bowling can restrict opponents to less than 330 will win and big pressure big game mentality is very important . Thats why I feel India and Australia are well suited. 

If you are aware of NFL, the patriots won despite having mediocre talent barring few players as compared to rest. But they were leagues apart in coaching and key situation mentality .. that's why dhoni is the key , on field situational adjustment...

Let's be positive . There are many variables. The team is sum of parts and not just batting firepower. We are more balanced than what we are cynically considering. We might play boring cricket but winnable cricket. Go India...

Drafting one player will not change the mindset.This Indian team has bowlers who cannot bat, untill that changes top order will always be underpressure to keep their wickets. People need to realize this Indian team is not built to score 300 plus runs consistently.

Top three are also the finishers for this team and people are expecting them score faster in first ten overs.

This topic has been discussed multiple times. Mainly Kohli should have the license to try to anchor, along with #4 depending upon the situation 

If Ind goes like PP 70-75, 11-35 150+, they can be 220+ in 35 overs by playing smart cricket. On some surfaces and on small grounds, the team may even need to go faster! 

4 hours ago, MCcricket said:

Our bowling attack will win games but in crunch games or high scoring games we will come undone. Our selectors and management are still not waking up to the changes in ODI cricket format in last few years

To have a chance we will have to be aggressive aa far as running between the wickets and not eat up too many balls initially also I from the pair on crease one has to be aggressive and other batter should play atleast at run a ball.

If 300 to 360 will be a par score we need to lose Dhoni and Kartik and get Pant, Aggarwal or some aggressive option. 

OUr bowling must be good enough not to concede 350 in the first place. Our bowlers can't bat or field. Their only use is bowling. INdia goes in with 7 batsmen mainly with the hope of restricting opposition to less than par score. If we need 350 all the time then the load the side with average bowler with better batting skill and go in with just 5 bowlers hoping we can outbat the opposition. 

There is only one side that can rack up 350 regularly. That is England. There is only one side that concedes 350 regularly. That is also England. So let us not that use that a template. We play to our strength. Bowling is our strength. ICC prepares pitch. If you want to indulge in battathon and outbat them go with the 7 full time batsmen including Pandya, Pant, KL Rahul, Rohit, Kohli, Dhawan, Gill. then Ashwin, Jadeja, Bhuvi, Bumrah. This way we have 10 players who can bat a bit.

35 minutes ago, Moochad said:

I am not excited about the WC anymore. The IPL was very fun this season, especially the final. 

The World cup looks like a it will be a boring run fest on roads. 

People are not really thrilled with this imbalanced contest. This is not "modern day" cricket. This is just ENglish team producing pitches that suit their strength leaving others to do the catch up job. 

They should allow 5 fielder outside the circle during middle overs.

Current power play rules are

• During the first 10 overs of an innings a maximum of 2 fielders are allowed outside the 30-yard circle.[2]
  • Between overs 11 and 40 a maximum of 4 fielders are allowed outside the 30-yard circle[2]
  • In the final 10 overs (41–50) a maximum of 5 fielders will be allowed to field outside the 30-yard circle.[2]
2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

People are not really thrilled with this imbalanced contest. This is not "modern day" cricket. This is just ENglish team producing pitches that suit their strength leaving others to do the catch up job. 

I am hoping that b/c the ICC is in charge of pitches during the tournament, they will be more balanced or at least have something for the bowlers.

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

There is only one side that can rack up 350 regularly. That is England. There is only one side that concedes 350 regularly. That is also England. So let us not that use that a template. We play to our strength. Bowling is our strength. ICC prepares pitch. If you want to indulge in battathon and outbat them go with the 7 full time batsmen including Pandya, Pant, KL Rahul, Rohit, Kohli, Dhawan, Gill. then Ashwin, Jadeja, Bhuvi, Bumrah. This way we have 10 players who can bat a bit.

People want best of both world they want India to bat like England but India to bowl like India. It is good dream to have but reality is Indian team has no batting after top three.Rahuls and Pandyas of the world will contribute in one match and flop in ten.

Ashwin,Jadeja and Bhuvi cannot bat in odis, at best they can hold their end.

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

People want best of both world they want India to bat like England but India to bowl like India. It is good dream to have but reality is Indian team has no batting after top three.Rahuls and Pandyas of the world will contribute in one match and flop in ten.

Ashwin,Jadeja and Bhuvi cannot bat in odis, at best they can hold their end.

I don't mind if Bumrah and Shami don't improve their batting. But guys like Kuldeep should significantly upgrade his batting and fielding skills.

4 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I don't mind if Bumrah and Shami don't improve their batting. But guys like Kuldeep should significantly upgrade his batting and fielding skills.

They can't become hitters, even guy like Rashid has 10 plus FC 100s. If we are honest, our middle order and lower middle order might be the worst in the world. 

10 minutes ago, putrevus said:

They can't become hitters, even guy like Rashid has 10 plus FC 100s. If we are honest, our middle order and lower middle order might be the worst in the world. 

You want a rashid or kuldeep as a bowler ,you want bumrah or Willy as bowler, or you want shami or wokes as in your bowler you decide. Eng can still very much loose the game after scoring 350.