Reports of split in Team India

5 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

So what the heck you want, everyone here on ICF wants Kohli to give captaincy to someone else. Everyone also here wants Shastri to be sacked because he looks utter BS with the interviews he gives and seems to be better suited for commentary than help Indian team, but you seem to try to start a topic, intact many topics but not have a solution and are kind of suggesting that we need to stick with Shastri and just leave out Kohli.

You sir are confused. Shastri needs to go too now. 

If anything all of your posts are confused. He is clear in his viewpoint about power being entirely concentrated in the hands of captain.

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

So what the heck you want, everyone here on ICF wants Kohli to give captaincy to someone else. Everyone also here wants Shastri to be sacked because he looks utter BS with the interviews he gives and seems to be better suited for commentary than help Indian team, but you seem to try to start a topic, intact many topics but not have a solution and are kind of suggesting that we need to stick with Shastri and just leave out Kohli.

You sir are confused. Shastri needs to go too now. 

No both need to go. Kohli the captain only of course duh.

India was never a coach or team mgmnt centric team like England

However first we need to figure out where the power centre lies. back in the day it was BCCI who was the boss. even Sachin,Kumble,Dravid,Ganguly were not bigger than that. They all lost captaincy after BCCI intervened except may be Kumble who retired.

Then the power centre was with Dhoni on cricket related affairs with BCCI (Seeni Mama) being the ultimate authority.

Right now there is no BCCI. Coach is a dummy, so the power lies with the captain. Since this captain faield.You need to bring in a captain who makes the right decisions.

As far as coach goes, our coaches have always been the guys who work well in the background like Wright, Kirsten and dare I say Fletcher.

Simple get a captain who calls the right shots (in the current environment) and bring a coach who can work with the team on a cricketing level. Not a guy who is drunk and is there to talk big and walk around with alcohol bottles all over town.

Also have a back up plan and groom the next captain like England did with Root or Nzl with Williamson. India did that with Kohli too but it didn't work so can't blame Indian management there.

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

Simple get a captain who calls the right shots (in the current environment) and bring a coach who can work with the team on a cricketing level. Not a guy who is drunk and is there to talk big and walk around with alcohol bottles all over town.

I have been always a fan of Tom Moody and in front of gore guys, our captains stay grounded for some reason and probably have more respect to hear their opinion and understand the logic as our captains get different opinion from an overseas coach then they will get from someone who has played for India, like Shastri did. 

Anyways, next World Cup is in India, we might stick to some Indian coach now. Wish Dravid could take up role as a coach and can groom some younger guy as captain. 

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

I have been always a fan of Tom Moody and in front of gore guys, our captains stay grounded for some reason and probably have more respect to hear their opinion and understand the logic as our captains get different opinion from an overseas coach then they will get from someone who has played for India, like Shastri did. 

Anyways, next World Cup is in India, we might stick to some Indian coach now. Wish Dravid could take up role as a coach and can groom some younger guy as captain. 

I still don't get it. You want Kohli to stay or go? itna ghooma phira ke kyon bol rahe ho?

24 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I don't blame Kumble just alone. I blame all. It's part of management too right? If we don't blame management, they will continue to be yes man and India will keep getting screwed. They are not their just to collect paychecks, we want improvement, or else fire them. 

Similarly, here too Shastri needs to be blamed along with Captain Kohli. It's a joint decision by captain and coach, so both need to be blamed.  

Stop bringing Kumble here and drift away from the topic. 

Kohli did all sorts of r***i rona to bring Shastri .He wanted Yes man more than anything else.Don't go by Kohli's WC image of being soft as dove ...He is still stubborn as mule and will keep making India lose as long as we have him at helm.

IMO, WC2019 was the milestone in the “process” to not make any changes. The selectors panel is anyway completing its term...

I’m expecting BCCI to make changes now. Kohli and Shastri will be on notice now... I hope BCCI make a technical committee to analyse the WC performance, make a report and suggest future course of action...

Its very important to remove the Bollywood influence on Indian Captaincy role...

Edited by asterix
5 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

After Kumble fiasco Dravid or any self respect player wont dare to coach india as long as Kohli is there 

On 12/24/2018 at 4:48 PM, Trichromatic said:

KL Rahul joined cornerstone in late 2017.

Before joining cornerstone, he was averaging 45-46 in 20 matches and yet there was uncertainity about his place in team.

After joining cornerstone - averaging 22 in 12 matches and is a regular now.

@jalebi_bhai @Malcolm Merlyn

49 minutes ago, WeStMiDz said:

So the article mentions a bias for KL Rahul. Yet for months on here people were crying that Kohli hates Rahul and won't give him a chance. Make your mind up. 

Look at the above quote. KL Rahul was very good in tests and not a regular for initial few years, then joined Bunty's agency and has been a regular since despite poor performance.