Kohli: "Australian cricketers will never be my friends again" and now clarifies his stance through twitter

17 minutes ago, Doctored Wicket said:

Kohli has issues. There is something wrong with him mentally. He is very fragile in that regard.

Lets hope he gets the support and encouragement he requires.

His batting could use some coaching as well.

Keep talking about Kohli.  That way you won't have to think about how your team just gave it up on a wicket that had so much help for the fast bowlers.  Lost the series.  From 1-0 up and an 80 run lead in the 2nd test.   In spite of winning the toss 3 out of 4 tests.  In spite of our main bat and captain scoring almost no runs, and yours having one of the best series of his life.  Keep talking about Kohli though,  you won't have to worry about the fact that apart from Smith, your next best test batsman appears to be Glenn Maxwell.  Mr. Switch hit and big leave.  

3 hours ago, sandeep said:

They must have disrespected him.   VK takes disrespect very seriously.   Him saying that you will not hear those words "ever again" is no small thing.  Remember what he said about Johnson during the Australia tour last time around.  He's already hinted that they said a lot about his injury at Ranchi.  They must have been mocking him when he came out to bat in T3 - the whole reference to the Physio - "Oh Call Patrick, my shoulder hurts".  Shyte like that.  We don't know the extent of it - but there's a reason why VK brought that up in the press conference - from his perspective, mocking a player for a serious injury crosses the line.  Maxwell clearly mocked him with the shoulder grab as well.    

If Smithbot can call Jadeja - the #1 bowler who's been taking a bunch of wickets and scoring runs against them - useless, you think him and his team will hold back against VK?  Their designated target and "head of the snake"?   Its the Aussie way - spew all kinds of garbage and filth at a player and then expect that all should be forgotten just by offering to "have a beer together".     No need to accept that as the "norm" in cricket.  Its not.  

how fn rich and entitled really..have a beer together - f off. India should handle them with prejudice, have something to say to them during IPL, pakistanis will come and play in their place for free.

10 hours ago, Forever Indian said:

The conference video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZwbuizu43c (starts from 2:35)

Not as bad as it's been portrayed here, think Kohli is just pissed that they mocked his injury. But we have also done similar things in past like Dhawan mocking Watson injury, so he needs to just chill out and forget it at the end of the series.

A few of the Indian team, including Kohli were also mocking Renshaw when he had to go off the field sick on the very first dat of the series, I think it was that which lead to the Aussie team mocking Kohli about his shoulder... 

Either way its just part of the game to have some banter and rivalry, it's fine, both teams should be able to shake hands and enjoy a drink together at the end of the day.

18 minutes ago, ~ Miss Warner ~ said:

A few of the Indian team, including Kohli were also mocking Renshaw when he had to go off the field sick on the very first dat of the series, I think it was that which lead to the Aussie team mocking Kohli about his shoulder... 

Either way its just part of the game to have some banter and rivalry, it's fine, both teams should be able to shake hands and enjoy a drink together at the end of the day.

There's a difference between having to take a dump and being injured.  And btw, if an Indian player mocked an Australian after he gets hit on the helmet a la Phil Hughes, you'd expect the aussies to shake hands and "have a beer" after?  

Banter and rivalry is fine.  But there are lines that should not be crossed.  And saying vile things about wives and family, mocking injured players - these things are not considered OK outside of "straaalia".   

Btw, in the clip that BCCI released (Matt Wade and Jadeja) - Wade was clearly violating the rules by not shutting up when Jadeja was getting ready to face the ball - he's entitled to talk and spew whatever nonsense he wants, but not when the batter is about to face the bowler - that's explicitly prohibited.  And his captain, instead of keeping him in line, decided to join in on the fun by calling Jadeja useless.  

26 minutes ago, Vilander said:

how fn rich and entitled really..have a beer together - f off. India should handle them with prejudice, have something to say to them during IPL, pakistanis will come and play in their place for free.

Gavaskar said it during the 1980s as well - "Why should I have a beer with you and be all friendly? After listening to you say filthy things about my wife and family for hours?"     I respect the competitiveness of the Aussies, but not their cultural self-centered and self-righteousness.  

He is asked a pretty leading question, what do you want him to say? So he's retracted his statement about having lots of good friends in the other dressing room - big deal. Remember no matter how fluent his English may sound it is not his first language and so does not possess the cute turn of phrase Aussies often use to soften their language. Maybe he should have said...'Oh look, i'm a little bit disappointed if i'm honest with some of the stuff that went on out there so yeh a few bonds might have taken a little bit of a hit but you know it is what it is but you know the main thing is we won'. Sound better?

14 minutes ago, goose said:

He is asked a pretty leading question, what do you want him to say? So he's retracted his statement about having lots of good friends in the other dressing room - big deal. Remember no matter how fluent his English may sound it is not his first language and so does not possess the cute turn of phrase Aussies often use to soften their language. Maybe he should have said...'Oh look, i'm a little bit disappointed if i'm honest with some of the stuff that went on out there so yeh a few bonds might have taken a little bit of a hit but you know it is what it is but you know the main thing is we won'. Sound better?

You have a point I highly doubt it would have made a difference in the Australian headlines, or their portrayal of Evil Kohli.

6 minutes ago, Prince_ said:

Some people might think that I don't like Kohli, but thsts absolutely wrong. I like him as a batsman. He's a pretty good odi batsman. 

But he should keep in mind that he's representing India when he's talking to the media in a press conference. Therefore, he should behave accordingly. 

Smith has even apologized for his mistakes(he hardly made any) in the presentation ceremony. This is how a true leader should behave. Look at the way Dhoni or dravid used to carry themselves both on and off the field. It'll be better for kohli as well as for his team if he can behave like them. 

Bollocks. He's representing himself and the other 10 players who together represent India. If the other 10 are energised and inspired by him (and the results suggest they are) then he is a force for good. Look, if he was on the opposing side, I'd hate him. When India start beating every team home and away into a pulp then i might want Kohli to tone it down and bring some grace to his leadership but there's a long way to go still.

16 hours ago, surajmal said:

What a disgrace this board is. Bunch of gungadeens. An entire nation's media tried to Assassinate Kohli's character for a month and you expect him to be "magnanimous" after all that? GTFO.

I expect him to reserve his wrath for those who deserve it. The Aussies did nothing the Indians don't do on field, except ofcourse- cheat. But Kohli made a reference towards their behaviour as a reason- which is unacceptable, since their players didn't behave any worse than ours did. 

Yes, their media did. but i expect Kohli to not be the jaahil chip-on-his-shoulder type who does the classic ignorant third worlder logic of 'take it out on innocent party due to race/creed/nationality'.

The most frustrating thing is this has completely taken away the focus of the media from us winning the series on a pitch that resembled more WACA than Wankhede.

Or how excellently our seamers bowled.Or the performance Rahane as captain.

Now everyone is talking about Kohli this/that instead of the magnificent season we have had.

Kohli really acts like a immature child at times .He is the Indian captain ffs.

Let the team enjoy the limelight of our excellent season for once.

Edited by BeautifulGame