Dhoni: when will the torture end???

maniac

4 minutes ago, Pollack said:

At the end of the day, dhoni was able to do nothing against a player of status of Sachin inspite of his clear indirect digs at Sachin in press conferences. Sachin left on his own terms. He was able to throw out Sehwag, Gambhir, Laxman etc but couldn't do anything about Sachin. Dhoni is only second to Sachin in popularity and status in India for general masses and bcci. I doubt kohli can throw out dhoni even if he wanted which he clearly not tbh.

:hysterical: yehhh right!!!.. Is that why he randomly disappeared in ODIs after Asia Cup 2012.. Everyone are sick and tired of his selfish tuk tuks for his milestones.. I know it must be tough for chamchas to accept but He was thrown out like rest of them in ODIs.

To be fair he was not bad in the last ODI. But Dinesh deserves a chance too. He has worked hard. Bottom line no one can replace him because of his stature. This is a shame. They have to work around him and send othet wkt kpr to lesser tournaments and if one performs then people will demand a change.

At the end of the day, dhoni was able to do nothing against a player of status of Sachin inspite of his clear indirect digs at Sachin in press conferences. Sachin left on his own terms. He was able to throw out Sehwag, Gambhir, Laxman etc but couldn't do anything about Sachin. Dhoni is only second to Sachin in popularity and status in India for general masses and bcci. I doubt kohli can throw out dhoni even if he wanted which he clearly not tbh.

Yeah and that is exactly what I said in my later posts in this thread. Sachin, MSD and Kohli are 3 biggest stars Indian cricket have produced. People can say Dravid, Kapil, Gavaskar etc were equally good cricketers if not better. Of course they were but not as big a star as the trio.

So you are right, it was easy for Dhoni to axe Dravid, VVS, Laxman, Sehwag etc. but didnt had the balls to ask Sachin to leave. Similary now Kohli dont have the balls to ask Mahi bhai pls retire. Wait for 8 years, same thing might repeat with Kohli.

This star culture was always there and will continue to be there in Indian cricket. But what Dhoni did smartly is built a young team around Sachin and created enough back ups. Kohli on the other hand is bringing more and more past players back like KD, Yuvraj, Pappu etc.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Pollack said:

Indirect digs at Sachin? :confused:

When did this happen?

What am I missing?

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

Unbelievable 

It is genuinely unbelievable . Shows our cricket in such sad light 

he is so poor now and for so long . 

And won’t and will never be axed . Why ? So many sad reasons and really is a pathetic state of affairs for Indian cricket. 

Forget axed they won’t even pick young guns to try for a few games so as to protect him . 

1 minute ago, King Tendulkar said:

It is genuinely unbelievable . Shows our cricket in such sad light 

he is so poor now and for so long . 

And won’t and will never be axed . Why ? So many sad reasons and really is a pathetic state of affairs for Indian cricket. 

Forget axed they won’t even pick young guns to try for a few games so as to protect him . 

Did he really need to play against Srilanka or the WI series prior to that or in the dead rubbers vs Australia....clearly A grade hypocrite.

He was portrayed as some kind of a patriot in the movie made about his life but he is just another sleazebag trying to get every penny he can make

out of Indian cricket.

Pathetic!!!