Very Poor and inconsistent bowling from Shami and Umesh

maniac

1 minute ago, sarchasm said:

You confidently claimed Ishant was getting 'exposed' in domestics - a lie that was busted within minutes.

Makes you a beta liar.

i don't give a damn what you think , you are a freaking moron, first learn proper manners. I didn't call you names, if you have point say it without abusing others or get lost.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

That is exactly the problem I am taking about, to win a 3 and 5 match series they have to perform more than one test.At home they will be backed by spinners so if they lose sting spinners will pick up slack.

Even on those green mambas you are talking about other than Lords spinners did play a critical role. In Lords Bhuvi was done after first innings for the series and Ishant was done after second innings remember he stunk in first innings there.

Shami ran out of gas both in SA and NZ, Zak was literally running on empty tank there.

Unless these guys learn how to be consistent day in day out even in their third and four spells  I don't think India has a chance.

Bhuvi has improved leaps and bounds since Lords including learning how to reverse swing. This showed in the NZ series and the WI series

6 hours ago, chewy said:

I don't trust Yadav on green tracks, seems to go wayward...have to agree with Manju

Shami having off day...humidity getting to him

Going  wayward has no connection with green tracks, thats just one more stupidity by idiot manju, like sir aggy umeshs bowling depends on rhythm it has no connection with him going wayward on green tracks, looks like you have been following Manju too much.

4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Ishant would have been a better pick on this pitch. He took 8-fer in SL on a similar pitch.

In hindsight, everything looks good. Who you wanted to play Ishant for? Regarding Shami, yes after seeing him half fit he shouldn’t have played, but if all 3 current bowlers are fit, then why would you play Ishant? And for whom? 

This is the kind of pitch that would help guys like Sandeep Sharma not out and out quick bowlers. Remember how Stuart Binny outbowled Umesh against BD in the one dayer. These guys are not like Irfan who swings from the hand.  They are good bowlers. But not good enough to exploit the conditions offered here. You don't need pace here. Accurate swing bowling will get the batsman eventually.

Edited by vvvslaxman
1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

This is the kind of pitch that would help guys like Sandeep Sharma not out and out quick bowlers. Remember how Stuart Binny outbowled Umesh against BD in the one dayer. These guys are not like Irfan who swings from the hand.  They are good bowlers. But not good enough to exploit the conditions offered here. You don't need pace here. Accurate swing bowling will get the batsman eventually.

umesh yadav was bowling at 130-135 today....pathetic

5 hours ago, putrevus said:

It is easy to bowl your heart for 5 to 10 over in a day and get one or two wickets knowing fully well if you fail spinners will pick your slack up.

When there is no spinner coming to your rescue , you need to learn the art of taking 5 fers and that comes only with experience. Ishant Sharma is getting exposed even in Ranjis as he never learnt how to take wickets.

I see lot of fascination on this forum with speed gun readings .

Ishant Sharma has been doing very well in Ranji's this season. As RKT says he would have been better played in this test match. You do not seem to follow it and make blanket statements here on the forum. 

In the current fourth match of Ranji, his record is 6-2-14-3 so far. So that is 18 wickets at an average that is surely under 12. 

IshantRanjis.jpg

10 hours ago, Cricketics said:

In hindsight, everything looks good. Who you wanted to play Ishant for? Regarding Shami, yes after seeing him half fit he shouldn’t have played, but if all 3 current bowlers are fit, then why would you play Ishant? And for whom? 

In place of Umesh

They dont work as a unit. One bowler will come good and the other two will just leak runs. This has been the case with out fast bowlers. They get easily frustrated when wickets are not coming and then start to bowl erratically, these are not the signs of experienced fast bowlers. If they continue with this, they will get a boot sooner than later. 

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

In place of Umesh

I will pick Umesh just on his fielding, its not that Umesh is bowling poor.  Let Ishant toil hard in the domestic season all yea this time. He is bowling well in Ranji and shouod just stay there for now. He has played enough for India. He can continue to travel with the team as backup.

Anyways, with Shami showing signs of struggling, Ishant will most likely be back for the 2nd test.

25 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I will pick Umesh just on his fielding, its not that Umesh is bowling poor.  Let Ishant toil hard in the domestic season all yea this time. He is bowling well in Ranji and shouod just stay there for now. He has played enough for India. He can continue to travel with the team as backup.

Anyways, with Shami showing signs of struggling, Ishant will most likely be back for the 2nd test.

yes in hindsight, i can say in place of Shami because i did not know Shami will be cold, but Shami is certainly better than Umesh on any day and i am struggling to fathom why he struggled. He was not running in well at all.