Vijay Shankar (Batting Pacer Allrounder) - Performance Watch thread

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Most test he ll miss out due to team combination n condition , like in India- kuldeep and even bumrah has become very tempting options plus soon shankar will be a threat 

dropped or not picked due to lack of match practice as told by them we dont knw 

Please check his Ranji match prior to the 3rd test. How many overs he bowled and how much batting he did.

8 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

He was asked to prove fitness and he proved fitness as well as was excellent both with bat and ball as you also have mentioned. That is why he got picked in squad, because he passed the match fitness in 4 dayer. 

Kohli should have let him play two more Ranji matches having not selected him. Other teams too let their dropped players play FC.  There is a scope for improvement in this aspect.  But then perhaps Kohli himself was not sure whether he would drop Panda for 4th test as well. 

to be dropped you have to be originally in the squad. was kuldeep (first 3 tests) or bhuvi dropped too in that case? 

and he should have been played as he is as good a batsman (if not better) than some of those played 

Edited by zen
3 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Proper batsman, good temperament and technique,  effortless hitter good defense and can rotate strike. Overall looks quality bat.

But less said about his bowling is better. 3 overs at max. type bowler.

So he is still better than Lord Unadkat?

https://m.cricbuzz.com/amp/cricket-news/106673/have-to-show-the-world-that-i-can-win-games-vijay-shankar

Do you feel confident about bowling your full quota overs in ODIs?

During the recent series, my thinking was only to keep it really tight and bowl stump to stump. I was restrictive in my mindset with the ball. My biggest strength with the ball is to use the short ball effectively. I can bowl quicker than I bowled recently. It's just the matter of one game where I bowl a 10-over spell and give the team confidence that I can do it. I feel it is all about that. I can definitely bowl a touch quicker than I showed in New Zealand. It is just about confidence. If I can get a couple of wickets too, things will be different.

Edited by tweaker
On 2/7/2019 at 6:39 PM, zen said:

Again wrong facts .... India achieved its only success in the series with Pandya, who won India a test .... Oval test was one of the biggest losses esp. considering that Ind had already played 4 tests in the series 

If this is your idea of success, God bless you .... And please don't make things up 

So what happened in other games?

Only miracle man for our tests success is Chepu. Had he played in Birmingham, the series result would have been different. Yes series result would have been in our favour.

PS: I am not undermining Kohli. Kohli is expected to perform which he does.

1 hour ago, tweaker said:

https://m.cricbuzz.com/amp/cricket-news/106673/have-to-show-the-world-that-i-can-win-games-vijay-shankar

Do you feel confident about bowling your full quota overs in ODIs?

During the recent series, my thinking was only to keep it really tight and bowl stump to stump. I was restrictive in my mindset with the ball. My biggest strength with the ball is to use the short ball effectively. I can bowl quicker than I bowled recently. It's just the matter of one game where I bowl a 10-over spell and give the team confidence that I can do it. I feel it is all about that. I can definitely bowl a touch quicker than I showed in New Zealand. It is just about confidence. If I can get a couple of wickets too, things will be different.

Vijay is absolute gem. He is Robin Uthappa type bat. May be a touch +-. Havent seen much to make that call.  Someone just needs to back him a little. IMO Rohit, Dhawan Kohli H/K Pandya, Vijay kedhar Pant Kuldeep Chahal Shami/Khaleel  Bhumrah should and must play the next world cup.

After that we can phase in Shaw, Gill.

But we all know MSD DK Rayudhu will take 3 spots

44 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Must say I am impressed. Plus he can bowl at least 4-5 overs per match and a much better fielder than Rayudu. 

On 2/13/2019 at 8:24 AM, mishra said:

Vijay is absolute gem. He is Robin Uthappa type bat. May be a touch +-. Havent seen much to make that call.  Someone just needs to back him a little. IMO Rohit, Dhawan Kohli H/K Pandya, Vijay kedhar Pant Kuldeep Chahal Shami/Khaleel  Bhumrah should and must play the next world cup.

After that we can phase in Shaw, Gill.

But we all know MSD DK Rayudhu will take 3 spots

:yess: prooven