Rohit Sharma is the Best Captain India will never have.

Rohit is a tactician and quick strategist and proactive.

Suited for T20 game.

For tests, I like kohli more. In tests 90% of the captain just goes through motions when opposition is grinding you out.

But kohli is always charged up throught all 5 days. Other captains show sign of fatigue and dull face but kohli will never let his team or even crowd:cheer:to relax.

I hated dhoni's poker face when we lost all those overseas tours as if nothing has happened, show some dissapointment at least. Same was case with dravid after 2007 wc loss.

Kohli may be short of tactics but he can always consult team management between session breaks.

For ODIs, its a toss up between rohit and kohli+dhoni. If dhoni retires, rohit might be better.

i think he is attacking captain,looks for wicket of what i have seen and guy has got some luck factor in captaincy  as well which is needed sometimes and not to forget a winner to boot,he reminds me most of msd early captaincy days

and virat is all bluster,bakchodi captain,his biggest asset is leading from the front otherwise have not seen anything earth shattering in his captaincy,also starting SA his captaincy will be under the scanner and we will see all the strategies 

10 hours ago, jusarrived said:

I dont understand this nonsense about best test Captain ? VK is cluless in in every format .

Rohit definitely has the makings of a good captain , if only he could bat . 

Kohli has been an amazing test captain, way better than Dhoni ever was. It also helps he is his own man in tests and not kowtowing to Dhoni so much

3 hours ago, Vijy said:

Dhoni was not a good test captain outside india/sc that I recall along with srt.

Sachin couldn't even be a good captain at home:facepalm: forget about away... who gets embarrassed by RSA at home with a whitewash.. He is the worst captain India ever had..

4 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

O please lol there you go . Pure irrational hate lol

guy won games galore for India and gets silly hate posts like that 

Nagpur 2004, Lord's 2011........ besides a questionable action + being an insecure jealous person + slapping Sreesanth + under bowling himself when MI/Punjab under the pump !!!!

Edited by Gollum
14 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Nagpur 2004, Lord's 2011........ besides a questionable action + being an insecure jealous person + slapping Sreesanth + under bowling himself when MI/Punjab under the pump !!!!

Well how about 2001 . Greatest series win in Indian cricket history v Aussies ?

and as for any ipl stuff looool bothered looool

43 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Proves my point . hate for bhaji . You take all those tests wickets for India . Wickets in all formats . Done the bussiness for India for a decade . Yet slaughtered lol

He isn't hated, he is disliked for mostly non cricketing reasons. As a cricketer no doubt he had skills and match winning abilities but he had many negatives. 

Among the players, we have had over the last 10 years or so Gambhir is the best captain India never had. Under his captaincy, India whitewashed NZ in a home series. That is when he had these funny leg slip position for Ashwin.  Also, he led KKR well. Especially his calls not to use certain types of bowlers at all because of the nature of the surface were bold.  Even though Rohit may not captain India permanently he can still play an influential role. Another guy who can do a very good supporting role for captain is Ashwin.  He is smart, thinking cricketer. Dhoni immensely benefitted from Zaheer khan as they had created a role "bowling captain" for him.