Virat Kohli Captaincy thread

15 hours ago, Viper said:

Like i said no one is enjoying Indian defeat. There isn't a single post from my side saying "I want X or Y player to fail".. Its all in your mind. 

I even told ya before Kohli as a player is untouchable and above anyone who wore that Indian jersey when it gets to winning matches.

What criticism you even on about ? BS like Fixing Indian matches and especially Wcs we won ? If you can't quote people like that don't even bother mate

Dude, let it go. MSD made the right call when he quit because he himself trusted that Kohli and the team had it in them. As a fan of MSD you must be proud of that fact. I am sure MS learnt a lot from Ganguly & Dravid and same way Kohli would have learnt from MS. We are lucky that each captain has proved to be better than the previous one and Kohli is going to take us to new heights in future. 

As for people here on the forum, it has always been filled with some chutiyas who would rile up and drag everyone down and have pleasure in it. Real Indian cricket fans are smart enough to identify those. Let it go instead of being bitter and becoming one of them. 

2 hours ago, CG said:

When India lose a test and suddenly many Dhoni fans log on to Icf . Coincidence.

No its not a coincidence , its a well thought out mission undertaken by Dhoni fans to take on those who vilified their idol during tough times.

It seems Dhoni and his fans are stuck so much in your head that you associate everything with that one man.I remember during the match you got riled up with a single mention of Saha not performing and associated that with "moron Dhoni fans":cantstop: .Move on he is retired and don't be a judge of his fans ffs.I mean what an amazing concoction, many Dhoni fans logging in after a loss rofl.

And I don't see any one apart from one poster whom I don't think anyone takes seriously on this forum.Best to ignore such posts.

It does count as victory under Kohli as the most crucial test was the 2nd test when our backs were against the wall and we had to win to stay alive in the series and we won it under pressure defending a low total.

But anways, who cares. Rahane captained brilliantly too this test and deserves equal credit.  Captaincy anyways is mostly overrated in terms of the way people look at it when giving credits and blame for a win and defeat. Only little credit/blame should go to the captain as the age old saying goes "A captain is as good as his team."

Just like when, Rahul Dravid captained the test in 2004 in Multan (infamous 194* test and Sehwag 309). Ganguly came back lost a test and won the third test and won the series, Dravid was passingly mentioned and Ganguly was given all the credit for winning the first test series in Pakistan.

Edited by coffee_rules
11 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Just like when, Rahul Dravid captained the test in 2004 in Multan (infamous 194* test and Sehwag 309). Ganguly came back lost a test and won the third test and won the series, Dravid was passingly mentioned and Ganguly was given all the credit for winning the first test series in Pakistan.

Dravid was the captain for the 2nd Test which we lost. Ganguly came back for the decider.

It is highly possible that India would have a new coach by the end of this month

Virat Kohli and Anil Kumble’s relationship has not been in the best of shapes of late. There seems to be a rift between the coach and the captain. The speculation that Kumble will not continue coaching the Indian team further caught fire when the deadline to apply for the job of India’s coaching position ended on Wednesday.

It is highly possible that India would have a new coach by the end of this month and the committee that is put forth for selecting the next Indian coach is expected to examine the applications. The committee consists of former Indian greats, Sachin Tendulkar, VVS Laxman and Sourav Ganguly.

Kohli the spoilt child

One of the members of the Committee of Administrators (CoA) thought that the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) BCCI is not doing a right thing by giving what the skipper wants. The member suggested that BCCI should be fair to Anil as India has had some amazing results since his appointment.

The member was quoted saying, “Kohli is behaving like a spoilt child. The committee should be fair. Kumble has had great results and that should be a big factor when it comes to renewing his contract.”