Virat Kohli Captaincy thread

Mentioned this earlier in one of the match threads but this probably deserves a thread.  Many times, Kohli drifts to the outfield.

As a captain, it is essential for Kohli to be leading the team and he can't be doing that while fielding in the outfield at 3rd man.  He may be a good outfielder but the captaincy role is much more important as one needs to be engaged with the bowlers and get a decent view of the batsmen as well.  Ideally, midoff/covers is a decent spot for a captain as he can talk to the bowler if req'd, can see the batsman clearly, and easily maneuver the field.  Plus, he's right in the center of the action.

Kohli sbould be inside in first 30 overs but later, best catchers or outfielders need to be in the outfield.

Kohli is a brilliant out fielder and catcher. He sucks at slip catching but in last 10 overs you need players who can chase the ball and throw back to avoid the 2 runs and get a run out or stop boundaries etc or take high catches, which is all what Kohli is good at.

He should be one of the four fielders on the boundary always in the last 10 overs, not before that. 

HE does this in RCb- as RCB doesnt have good fielder

Indian team to has few passengers in the field- ashwin, yuvraj, jadhav , bumrah, mishra but not that many that he cant field inside circle so yea i agree he shud field inside circle. 

Players like yuvraj, mishra , ashwin can be get ridden of easily.....

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
22 minutes ago, kosingh said:

There is no Dhoni in RCB, and Kohli isn't much better as captain. In the shorter formats, Kohli's captaincy is disappointing with or without Dhoni.

I am holding my judgement until Dhoni is out of the team. I'm not judging Kohli when I still see Dhoni taking most of the decisions. Kohli needs to stop going to Dhoni or Dhoni needs to tell Kohli to fend for himself or whatever but Kohli needs to man up and make his own decisions. Yeah he can go to Dhoni for some decisions where Dhoni can provide input, but not for every damn thing. :wall:

Edited by Laaloo
6 hours ago, velu said:

we have seen enough of his captaincy skills in IPLs :p:

His team performs like sh!t and blame goes to captain. Even if Gambhir captains RCB still it cannot win a damn thing. It is full of flamboyant players who are hit or miss. Last year their bowling reserves were a joke plus playing on Chinnaswami. This year Rockstars looked disinterested. Hardly a matter of bad captaincy.

Plus he doesn't have support of a cricket enthusiast to win games in IPL. :phehe:

Edited by Pollack

The reason is Kohli gives Dhoni the charge to lead.

Kohli should captain on his own even if he is sh!t. Have been saying from long time one cannot hand over captaincy to other player while being on the field. Consulting is one thing but straightaway handing over to dhoni is ridiculous. One doesn't learn anything doing so.

virat fans still stuck on dhoni for virat's poor captaincy :laugh:,i wonder this is first time you watched any former captain playing under new captain,dhoni gets noticed more because he is wicketkeeping,he is always in the game ,you always get to hear him on stump mic

i want to know what earth shattering captaincy have we seen in even in test matches,virat is someone who at the moment can lead from with bat and thats about it ,havent seen any tactiacl or strategic  or out of box moves yet that i can rmember,he appears to bea  street smart guy while batting but defintely not captaincy

one of his biggest flaws in limited overs captaincy is lack of game awareness on how to utilize 5th or 6th bowler,which is key for becoming a good odi/t20 capatin,i remember how ricky ponting used to get overs from clarke and symonds regularly or how dhoni utilized yuvi/raina etc

on op,yes he should always be closer to action,at covers or something

I don’t agree with all selections and tactics . Who does agree with anything any skipepr does ?

but for me we seen in this test already why so good no dhoni . As if lose we lose with blood all over us . As aggression and fight been there . Will and want to win . Stark contrast to sleep walking thrashing’s under previous regime 

we gonna have fun year . Losses of course but we will play very good cricket at times and oppo will now been in a game . 

Its attitude of team . Fight hunger desire . Love it 

2 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

I don’t agree with all selections and tactics . Who does agree with anything any skipepr does ?

but for me we seen in this test already why so good no dhoni . As if lose we lose with blood all over us . As aggression and fight been there . Will and want to win . Stark contrast to sleep walking thrashing’s under previous regime 

we gonna have fun year . Losses of course but we will play very good cricket at times and oppo will now been in a game . 

Where is the mention of smartness and intelligence they have shown today?

Just because they were shouting, they weren't aggressive. Rather they were very calm and trying to do right things.

3 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Let the game get over first. We have always seen good starts in previous tour as well in SA, Eng and NZ. The critical thing will be to sustain the performance through the series and win it. This team certainly has the capability.

I have always said this is our series to lose , nothing changes here ..our Bowling is top notch , SA batting is weak ( Said this a few times pas 2 days ) so where we are today does not surprise me one bit ..I will definitely give him credit if the batting lineup hes picked which in my opinon may cost us this game , goes on and proves me wrong .