Sanjay Manjrekar is an irritating soul

Oldhere

2 hours ago, urnotserious said:

I hate it when he says guuuuuud shot. 

Dumbass, its good not guuuuuuud. 

Heard him say, at the loss of the du Plessis wicket in the first innings, "He's going to have a look at that dismissal many, many times and every time he see it hit the off stump" BC isnt that how replays work?

4 hours ago, urnotserious said:

Below is Azhar's record by country. 

Averaging 27 in Australia, 23 in SA, and 19 in the West Indies. Yeah, I'd say he sucked. 

Sachin and later Dravid/Ganguly were the ONLY scorers for India. Sachin's admiration makes sense, you either are really young or never followed cricket back in the 90s. 

QNAUss9.png

To have that kind of average against NZ is incredible. The wickets there have always been green mambas. And he wasnt bad in England. It means he didnt have any issue with movement, it was bounce he couldnt tackle, as is evident with the average in SA, AUS and WI. ( WI had bowlers like Walsh and Ambrose). I wont say he travelled so badly. With that kind of team and with the kind of players he played, I wont call him below average.

4 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

If we can, then why waste so much of an effort on this choot, why not lodge a massive complaint against the bevda Shastri against BCCI and get him kicked out?

Then just go and spam on sonyliv/ten sports twitter handle? If everyone does it maybe he will be kicked for next tour? It can happen if we stay positive. :yess:

My assessment of Manju-Manjrekar is a very bitter man. Happens to a lot of people who didn’t do justice to their talent .

This might be controversial but yes Manjrekar had the talent but not the Mental attitude to succeed. Manjrekar 88-91 was more talented than Dravid 96-98. Fair comparison because both were similar type of players.

Manju keeps sucking up to Imran because he did really well against Pak in 89 against a good bowling attack on decent pitches.So Imran might have heaped some praise on him.

Edited by Global.Baba
1 hour ago, Global.Baba said:

My assessment of Manju-Manjrekar is a very bitter man. Happens to a lot of people who didn’t do justice to their talent .

This might be controversial but yes Manjrekar had the talent but not the Mental attitude to succeed. Manjrekar 88-91 was more talented than Dravid 96-98. Fair comparison because both were similar type of players.

Manju keeps sucking up to Imran because he did really well against Pak in 89 against a good bowling attack on decent pitches.So Imran might have heaped some praise on him.

There were lot of cricketers more talented than Dravid for sure... but not many had the concentration &  bloody mindedness reqd for 2-3 hour stay at the crease. Manjrekar was always haunted by his father's legacy too