Shardul Thakur..ur thoughts?

15 hours ago, Lala said:

TBH Indians may see them as gem bowlers because India is lack of pacers, 

This scenario has changed completely in this decade.  And we are seeing lots of young fast bowlers coming through, especially from 2015 onwards.

Shardul is an average bowler and not many Indians are that excited about him. The star pacers are Bumrah, Shami, Bhuvi ... among the new ones coming up,  the exciting talent are Saini, Avesh, Khaleel, Nagarkoti, Mavi, Khejroliya, Thampi  etc.

Every good team needs some steady, experienced back-up pacers when the big names are rested ... and Shardul is one such bowler. He is like say a Damien Fleming, and such pacers have their uses.

Interestingly ... this backup pacer is also capable of bowling 135 k to 145 k spells in most matches in the shorter formats and has a great outswinger and knuckle ball.

Unadkat is a spinner who bowls slower spinning balls 70% of the time ... no point considering him as a pacer. His inclusion in the national team is a collateral damage of T20 leagues. 

Nowadays, almost every young pacer in India wants to bowl fast and wants to hit the deck hard ... and that is yielding results.

Edited by express bowling
6 hours ago, Lala said:

How do you say that? Last meetup was CT Final 2017. Your pace attack conceded 338 runs, but our pace attack successfully defended to less than full total. 

You can do better than that...

one game doesn't tell the whole story...

For example 1996, 1999 and 2003 world cups, India successful beat Pakistan...Do you think Indian pace attack was better than Pakistan at the point of time?

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

This scenario has changed completely in this decade.  And we are seeing lots of young fast bowlers coming through, especially from 2015 onwards.

Shardul is an average bowler and not many Indians are that excited about him. The star pacers are Bumrah, Shami, Bhuvi ... among the new ones coming up,  the exciting talent are Saini, Avesh, Khaleel, Nagarkoti, Mavi, Khejroliya, Thampi  etc.

Every good team needs some steady, experienced back-up pacers when the big names are rested ... and Shardul is one such bowler. He is like say a Damien Fleming, and such pacers have their uses.

Interestingly ... this backup pacer is also capable of bowling 135 k to 145 k spells in most matches in the shorter formats and has a great outswinger and knuckle ball.

Unadkat is a spinner who bowls slower spinning balls 70% of the time ... no point considering him as a pacer. His inclusion in the national team is a collateral damage of T20 leagues. 

Nowadays, almost every young pacer in India wants to bowl fast and wants to hit the deck hard ... and that is yielding results.

very very good post...

I am surprised that you are undermining the quality of Damien Fleming. From what i remember, he was one of the best pace bowlers around that time and just behind Mcgrath. 

1 hour ago, gakgupta said:

very very good post...

I am surprised that you are undermining the quality of Damien Fleming. From what i remember, he was one of the best pace bowlers around that time and just behind Mcgrath. 

If you remember, Damien Fleming was not rated that highly by the Aussies and managed to play only 20 tests.  

What he actually was as a bowler lost value because of the perception regarding him. He was always the side-cast and never the hero.

On 2/25/2018 at 11:00 AM, vvvslaxman said:

Ungainly action. Most of his deliveries are short of a length.  I always get the feeling he is going to get a pasting. Somehow he had okayish numbers.  Not sure how long he will last.

Once again he got his ass whopped in the final over that too by a tailender. 

His India days are over along with Siraj for now.Thampi and Khaleel will get chance.Unadkat has

outperformed Thakur and Siraj so he'll at least continue in the t20s.Bumrah,Bk will play in ODIs

and t20s as first 2 picks.Pandya is the 3rd option when he's picked.If we pick the 3rd seamer

it's Unadkat in t20s.I have a strong feeling Thampi or Khaleel may get a chance soon.

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Unadkat has bowled well only in the last 2 overs of the tournament.  Rest of the tournament was rather poor for him.

Shardul had 2 decent games ,  a very good one and 2 poor games.

My problem is in a big one day game he could bowl 9 overs for 25 runs and get a thorough pasting and give away 25 runs in the one over. if that one were to be a crucial over we are screwed.  

Not the worst bowler to play for India. In fact I have seen him do decently enough every opportunity he gets. Even in the Nidihaas trophy, he seemed a cut above Unadkut and Siraj not a huge accomplishment but still. Definitely better than Kaul. 

I think he has earned a few more chances. Trundler still but given our ODI fast bowling depth,he has earned more chances.

whether he would  become at the least a good bowler or not is the matter, but he deserves his chances.Proven failures like Umesh and Bhuvi(in one dayers) do not deserve their places in one dayers.Any way, if these 2 plays in further matches  below par results are  guarantees. That being the case taking chances with talented youngsters till we get at the least good bowlers is the way to go.

3 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

Not the worst bowler to play for India. In fact I have seen him do decently enough every opportunity he gets. Even in the Nidihaas trophy, he seemed a cut above Unadkut and Siraj not a huge accomplishment but still. Definitely better than Kaul. 

I think he has earned a few more chances. Trundler still but given our ODI fast bowling depth,he has earned more chances.

Siraj wasnt there in Nidahas trophy.