Risabh Pant - Second Impression

velu

2 hours ago, Laaloo said:

He's played 4 games. Just now he's played two games in a row. Give him some time. And then let's see. We made other has been our most capped t20 player and finally he seemed to play good innings only now. Give some time. Relax.  If you're proposing kishan or Samson, then they are the same and worse wk than pant.

Samson has way better technique than this cowlasher. And also scored against A teams.

The impression summed up in three minutes he was there on the field, when scored that first boundary over long-on, Manju jizzed up and he said he had always advocated that Pant is a #1/#2 or #3 batsman, he can't play #4, #5 or #6. It means he is a front-foot plonker in T20 terms.

Truly inspired by Maggi Skipper. He showed only intent with no plan. With such a game play, he will look like the Bangladeshi batsmen or even Afridi on drugs, he was trying to emulate. 

Just now, Jimmy Cliff said:

Krunal Pandya reminds me of the great Khurasiya albeit with better temperament. Bedade IIRC was a pure spinner bully. Pant at least based on IPL can go after the pacers.

true. the current batch are still much better than some of the horrible 1990s (and pre 1990s) cricketers we had in Ind (I'm sure we all have our personal "favs" in this regard).

On 3/8/2018 at 2:48 AM, Jon_Snow said:

I agree.Even young Dhoni with his unorthodox technique had all-round game.But with Pant that is not true .No offside game at all.I am yet to see a confident sqaure cut or square drive from him.Forget about Test cricket or ODI ,he is not even ready for T20.
Right now DK is our best bet.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I get the feeling that you haven't seen him much....

He has pretty good off-side play

He should be given an extended run....

Pant is definitely NOT ready for INternational cricket in T20 , may be in ODI he plays more sensibly.

i remember my ininings when i got out of the first ball as i went for a SHot of the first ball itself and was caught...my heart SANK and my coach also shouted at me to watch few balls take a couple of singles and then go for my shots....

thats a BASIC rule every coach mentions but he seems to be too much in a hurry.

all innings when i have scored good runs is when i have started SLOW of the first 4 balls.